ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about tier 1 enterprenuer (switching from psw)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shani864
Newly Registered

Queries about tier 1 enterprenuer (switching from psw)

Post by shani864 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:23 am

hi, i am currently on PSW visa and it will expire in november 2013, i am now planning to switch to tier 1 entrepreneur visa. i did degree in BA(hons) business and finance from UK.
i am register as self-employed since 1 year with HMRC, and i am doing contract based business in which i am getting orders of consumer electronics goods i.e. mobile phones, laptops, ipads, ipods etc from my contractors companies and i supply them and those companies giving me invoices of what i have supplied to them and they paying into my business account for stock.

Now i am confused about what job title would be best for me for this kind of business which is at NQF level 4 or above and also will this kind of business be acceptable to UKBA for tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Queries about tier 1 enterprenuer (switching from psw)

Post by smehmood » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 pm

shani864 wrote:hi, i am currently on PSW visa and it will expire in november 2013, i am now planning to switch to tier 1 entrepreneur visa. i did degree in BA(hons) business and finance from UK.
i am register as self-employed since 1 year with HMRC, and i am doing contract based business in which i am getting orders of consumer electronics goods i.e. mobile phones, laptops, ipads, ipods etc from my contractors companies and i supply them and those companies giving me invoices of what i have supplied to them and they paying into my business account for stock.

Now i am confused about what job title would be best for me for this kind of business which is at NQF level 4 or above and also will this kind of business be acceptable to UKBA for tier 1 entrepreneur visa.

Hi

It seems to be your business does,nt fall in Required of level therefore you may continue to this business but you have to choose another business which falls in required level.

Regards
Shaukat

shani864
Newly Registered

Post by shani864 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks for your reply

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi Shani864,

I agreed with Smehmood that your business doesn't fall in NQF level 4 or above but you can carry on doing this business no one is stopping you but to change your visa status from psw to TIER 1 Enterpreneur you need to register a new business and select a appropriate job title etc to be eligible to switch.

kind regards

Rehan

shani864
Newly Registered

Post by shani864 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks but my another question is if supposed i applied on the basis of some other business which fall under this category, and if i got visa and i want to carry on my current business and not the one on which i got visa, will this create problem for me in future
Thanks and waiting for ur reply

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi,
There will be no problem for you doing any business at all but the problem will come when you will apply for the extension as your business need to be nqf level 4 or 6 above etc .....

Hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

Regards

Rehan

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:56 pm

shani864 wrote:Thanks but my another question is if supposed i applied on the basis of some other business which fall under this category, and if i got visa and i want to carry on my current business and not the one on which i got visa, will this create problem for me in future

HI

I agree with rehan also your visa can be cancelled if UKBA find out.

Regards
Shaukat

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

procedure to change visa from tier1 psw to tier1 enterprenue

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 am

smehmood wrote:
shani864 wrote:Thanks but my another question is if supposed i applied on the basis of some other business which fall under this category, and if i got visa and i want to carry on my current business and not the one on which i got visa, will this create problem for me in future

HI

Regards
Hi my brother on tier1 psw visa looking to change to enterprenuer visa, I have my own computer business and he is director of own company, doing business last one year. he did degree in networking first class honour, plus pgce in networking too.
Question 1 he can switch within country.
Question2 He need to show money in his account 50K or he can count investment which is already in business.
Or other option for him.

Your advice will be highly appreciate.

Regards
Amjad

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 am

smehmood wrote:

HI

Regards
Hi,
I was wondering why the visa would be cancelled in the above scenario? I thought that a person was allowed to own more than one business?
Thanks.

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:09 am

yeah the person is allowed to do two businesses but the main business must be the one which falls under NQF level 4 and related to your degree then you are allowed to do any secondary business but your extension will depend on the business which you were given visa for .

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 am

waqas734 wrote:yeah the person is allowed to do two businesses but the main business must be the one which falls under NQF level 4 and related to your degree then you are allowed to do any secondary business but your extension will depend on the business which you were given visa for .
Thanks for the explanation. So the 50000/200000 has to be invested in the main business itself or can it be invested in other businesses also (for the purpose of extension)?

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

tier1 psw to tier 1 enterprenuership

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:33 am

Hi my brother on tier1 psw visa looking to change to enterprenuer visa, I have my own computer business and he is director of own company, doing business last one year. he did degree in networking first class honour, plus pgce in networking too.
Question 1 he can switch within country.
Question2 He need to show money in his account 50K or he can count investment which is already in business.
Or other option for him.

Your advice will be highly appreciate.

Regards
Amjad