ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal on 8 January 2014

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bekub

Appeal on 8 January 2014

Post by Bekub » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi,
I am going to submit the following documents with bundle for the appeal purpose:
1. 50 copies of contract papers
2. Accountant’s Certificate from Chartered Certified Accountant.
3. Unaudited accounts prepared by Chartered Certified Accountant for the period from 9th October 2012 to 8th October 2013.
4. Printout of submitted Tax Return from HMRC online services.
5. Certified copy of Annual return of my company from Companies House.
6. Share transfer form (stamped by HMRC).
7. Business Bank Account statement from 9th October 2012 to 16th October 2013.
8.Print out of Current position of the company in Real Time Information (RTI) system from HMRC online account.
9. Employee List of the year 2013-14 and P35 Employer Annual Return for the year 2012-13
10. Third party declaration from my team member (who has left the country after refusal due to not having appeal right.)
11.Statement of Joint Bank Account from Natwest bank, from 28 December 2012 to31 July 2013.
12. Business Plan
12. List of Target Clients ( which I submitted in my interview and used it for my market research purposes)
13. Personal P45
14. Tenancy Agreement of office
15. Employer and Public Liability insurance document
16. Company Tax Reference Number (UTR) issued by HMRC
17. Print out of Current Appointment Report from Companies House (two copies, one is old and another is new)
18. Three types of Brochures and print out of business website.
19. Money Laundering Regulation registration paper issued by HMRC

please give your opinion, what more documents should I manage?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Appeal on 8 January 2014

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:33 pm

@ Bekub, what is the main refusal reason?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Bekub, what is the main refusal reason?
1. Money transfer in joint bank account in very short period and unknown source of fund( joint bank account with my team member).
2.. No previous experience.
3. I am not chartered accountant, where is providing accountancy services.
4. first year of PSW, working manual job rather developing own business.

thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:50 pm

@ Bekub, you should focus more on the issue of ''providing accounting services'' as the other 3 refusal points is very likely to be trash out by judge if your business is already trading and you can proof to the judge that you guys are more than capable to handle the business.

All the documents you listed are ok, but just hope that the judge accept them as some judges are known to focus on documents submitted with application.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Bekub, you should focus more on the issue of ''providing accounting services'' as the other 3 refusal points is very likely to be trash out by judge if your business is already trading and you can proof to the judge that you guys are more than capable to handle the business.

All the documents you listed are ok, but just hope that the judge accept them as some judges are known to focus on documents submitted with application.
thanks for your reply,

do you have any idea how can I focus more on the point that I am capable to handle the business and able to provide accountancy service?
As per my understanding, agreement paper with client, bank statement, Tax and National insurgence contribution can prove those issues.

if u have any thing more, please advise me.

thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 pm

@ Bekub, as you are not a chartered accountant, you should carry out good research to know accounting services that you could offer at your level and if that's what you claim to do, get all your business trading evidence and take it to the hearing as proof that you have been trading.

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:07 am

Hi Bekub, good luck with your appeal on Jan 8th.

On what basis they challenged that you are not a CA? I mean when they ask you to pick up a title of Level 4 or above, they want you to prove that you are providing or intend to provide the mentioned services which I am sure you did by submitting CAR, advert and client contracts with your initial application? OR in other words, they don't need/demand the proof like a degree to prove the title claimed then how come they know you are not a CA?

Sorry for the confusing one, I would appreciate if you can answer.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:31 am

The Symbol wrote:Hi Bekub, good luck with your appeal on Jan 8th.

On what basis they challenged that you are not a CA? I mean when they ask you to pick up a title of Level 4 or above, they want you to prove that you are providing or intend to provide the mentioned services which I am sure you did by submitting CAR, advert and client contracts with your initial application? OR in other words, they don't need/demand the proof like a degree to prove the title claimed then how come they know you are not a CA?

Sorry for the confusing one, I would appreciate if you can answer.
hi,
thanks for your question. firstly, I am not a CA, they did not prove it. HO raise the concern in my refusal letter that all of my competitor are CA, and as I am not a CA, HO is not satisfies with my business plan.
My question is, as far as I know, there is no legal requirement to provide the accountancy service to certain type of customer, I need to be a CA, as long as, I have MLR registration.
so, I am not a CA, does it prove that I will not able to provide those services?

thanks

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks for the reply Bekub.

If thats the case, that should be nailed down in the appeal as I was reading somewhere in the forum that they are no one to judge if you can provide those services. Its a pure accusation which can be easily trashed by a strong witness statement.

If you don't mind me asking, what title (SOC) you chose then ?

Good Luck!

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 am

The Symbol wrote:Thanks for the reply Bekub.

If thats the case, that should be nailed down in the appeal as I was reading somewhere in the forum that they are no one to judge if you can provide those services. Its a pure accusation which can be easily trashed by a strong witness statement.

Good Luck!
thank you very much for this discussion. obviously I will not mind for any question which is related to the topic.
My title is Business Analyst , and my firms is accountancy and management consultancy firm.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Bekub wrote:
The Symbol wrote:Thanks for the reply Bekub.

Good Luck!
thank you very much for this discussion. obviously I will not mind for any question which is related to the topic.
My title is Business Analyst , and my firms is accountancy and management consultancy firm.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=152163

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Why did you use accountancy and management consultancy. What services do your company render?

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Lola22 wrote:Why did you use accountancy and management consultancy. What services do your company render?
@lola22

My company provide accountancy and management consultancy service for small and medium business.
and my title is business analyst in this business.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 am

Bekub wrote:Hi,
I am going to submit the following documents with bundle for the appeal purpose:
3. Unaudited accounts prepared by Chartered Certified Accountant for the period from 9th October 2012 to 8th October 2013.
8.Print out of Current position of the company in Real Time Information (RTI) system from HMRC online account.
9. Employee List of the year 2013-14 and P35 Employer Annual Return for the year 2012-13
10. Third party declaration from my team member (who has left the country after refusal due to not having appeal right.)
11.Statement of Joint Bank Account from Natwest bank, from 28 December 2012 to31 July 2013.
12. Business Plan
12. List of Target Clients ( which I submitted in my interview and used it for my market research purposes)
13. Personal P45
17. Print out of Current Appointment Report from Companies House (two copies, one is old and another is new)

Hi Friends,
My appeal is tomorrow. please pray for me.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Bekub wrote:
Bekub wrote:Hi,
12. Business Plan
13. Personal P45

Hi Friends,
My appeal is tomorrow. please pray for me.

Hi Friends,
My hearing is tomorrow, please pray for me.[/quote]

Hi friends,
I had appeal today and it was a horrible experience. I was asked by HO representative more than 30 questions. Most of the questions was regarding source of funds and my leaving the UK of my business partner, my business transaction, investment, employees' details, their salaries and advertisements.
it seems that there is 50/50 chance to win appeal. apart from the issues regarding of the source of funds and leaving the UK of my ex business partner, every thing was very nice and positive. However, I may think the sources of fund would be very big issue, if the appeal is dismissed.

Just I need all of your hope and prayer for me.
thanks all of you guys for your generous supports

hnav

Post by hnav » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Did you take barrister with you?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 am

If u can share the questions you been asked in regards to the business,fund and team members will be a great help for many of us.

Regards
hnav wrote:Did you take barrister with you?
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

yes, my layer was with me.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:47 pm

rehan01 wrote:If u can share the questions you been asked in regards to the business,fund and team members will be a great help for many of us.

Regards
well, I can not all the questions, I can give you some idea what were the most questions
1. HO asked me about my business transaction ( specific entity from business bank account) including paying in and out. why I made this payments and do I have any invoices. why my clients make payment to me and what was the services provided?
2. Where from my sponsor and I got this money? Do they have any bank statement that can prove that they give this money? How long it was taken to save this money and does my bank statement can prove this saving?
3. when my team member left the UK and why? He had valid visa and had opportunity to reapply, why he did not reapply? what did my team member do our business? and so on.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm

@ Bekub, your appeal seem like a proper interview. I wonder why the judges give them such opportunity to start conducting visa interview during appeal hearing.

Bekub

Post by Bekub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Bekub, your appeal seem like a proper interview. I wonder why the judges give them such opportunity to start conducting visa interview during appeal hearing.
@ Olasunkanmi
Indeed, it was same thing, only difference was in my hearing that HO always ask for evidences. I do not know why judge allow him.