ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moh.moh

Please advice

Post by moh.moh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am

Hi,
I am applying from PSW to 50k route Tier 1 Ent but I am confuse about business graduate level. I got MSc health and social care If I open gereral business development consultancy. Will it be level 4 or 6 graduate level business or I have to open business in health and social care? Please advice me.

sam0300

Re: Please advice

Post by sam0300 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:26 am

Business related to ur Studies/ degree. and its should be on Level 4 or above.

Regards

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 am

sam0300 wrote:Business related to ur Studies/ degree. and its should be on Level 4 or above.

Regards
I got MSc health and management degree from UK and another MSc in management from USA. Now I want to open management consultancy to provide management solution to UK companies. Please let me know If I am on right track or not. Is my work come under level 4? and combination of double MSc and business make sence to get visa?

Please please reply

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Hello Moh,

Certainly it comes under level 6 & you can do management consultancy business. But bear in your mind that documentation should be done professionally. Do not try to save some money and in the end found your self in the dark room. Check you Pm. I left some info for you.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 pm

moh.moh wrote:Hi,
I am applying from PSW to 50k route Tier 1 Ent but I am confuse about business graduate level. I got MSc health and social care If I open gereral business development consultancy. Will it be level 4 or 6 graduate level business or I have to open business in health and social care? Please advice me.

You can do any business at level 4 and above. It is not a requirement that the business needs to be as per your education/degree or experience.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:00 pm

sam0300 wrote:Business related to ur Studies/ degree. and its should be on Level 4 or above.

Regards

where does it say that the business must be related to your studies/degree? If you are not sure about something then please do not comment and confuse others.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Entrepreneur9 wrote:

Regards

where does it say that the business must be related to your studies/degree? If you are not sure about something then please do not comment and confuse others.
It does not say that the business must be related to your studies. But in the interview I was asked if I have qualifications related to my business. I was also asked if I have experience in the same field. That is what the genuine test is about.
Fortunately my answer was yes to both the questions.

sam0300

Post by sam0300 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

My Brother,

you have to show business you doing related to your education. this is why they ask you abt ur immigration history. this is why they ask you for your education background. and if you go to the policy of tier 1 entrepreneur its clearly mentioned that you have to choose your business activity from Level 4 or above. you can run a business of IT , if you have degree in Business. Does it make sense.

They will raise questions definitely on your application that how you can run a business if you have degree in business management.

The whole theme of this visa is (what services you can provide to your client and what makes you start this business). this is why they ask you for your CV and experience .

Regards

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:
Entrepreneur9 wrote:

Regards

It does not say that the business must be related to your studies. But in the interview I was asked if I have qualifications related to my business. I was also asked if I have experience in the same field. That is what the genuine test is about.
Fortunately my answer was yes to both the questions.

If the business is related to your studies/experience then obviously it is a plus point, but this is not the argument here.

It is not a requirement by UKBA that the business must match your degree/exp, full stop.

I have done MBA in finance but i love IT and started an IT business and got the visa on this basis. There is no way UKBA can reject my application for this reason.

If you are confident about your business and can answer all the questions and if the business is at level 4 or above than thats it, you dont need to worry.

Please do not spread incorrect information on this forum.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Relax guys, We suppose to solve out his query & it has been sorted so just calm down.
Thanks

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Entrepreneur9 wrote:
If the business is related to your studies/experience then obviously it is a plus point, but this is not the argument here.

It is not a requirement by UKBA that the business must match your degree/exp, full stop.

I have done MBA in finance but i love IT and started an IT business and got the visa on this basis. There is no way UKBA can reject my application for this reason.

If you are confident about your business and can answer all the questions and if the business is at level 4 or above than thats it, you dont need to worry.

Who is spreading incorrect information on this forum ? LOL...It is you who is giving wrong advice to the member.

An MBA is a business administration qualification. An MBA can start any business. That does not mean an MSC with health and social care knowledge should start an IT company or a BD consultancy.

Please understand what was asked by the thread maker before jumping to conclusions. You dont have to act like a legal advisor here just because you got your visa.

Chill and take a break! :D

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 pm

mohammed1980 wrote:
Entrepreneur9 wrote:

Who is spreading incorrect information on this forum ? LOL...It is you who is giving wrong advice to the member.

An MBA is a business administration qualification. An MBA can start any business. That does not mean an MSC with health and social care knowledge should start an IT company or a BD consultancy.

Please understand what was asked by the thread maker before jumping to conclusions. You dont have to act like a legal advisor here just because you got your visa.

mohammed1980

Why cant an applicant with Msc in health and social care start an IT business? If he/she has interest in the field and thinks that the business would be successful then who is stopping them? you ? or UKBA ?

I have an MBA in finance and my background is finance. I have no background of IT but because I love this field, I am in.

I am not trying to be a legal advisor here, yes I have got my visa, but im not selfish, I still like to help people in need.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Entrepreneur9 wrote:
mohammed1980 wrote:
Entrepreneur9 wrote:

mohammed1980

Why cant an applicant with Msc in health and social care start an IT business? If he/she has interest in the field and thinks that the business would be successful then who is stopping them? you ? or UKBA ?

I have an MBA in finance and my background is finance. I have no background of IT but because I love this field, I am in.

I am not trying to be a legal advisor here, yes I have got my visa, but im not selfish, I still like to help people in need.
Do you see any logic in joining MSc in health and social care if you had no interest in that subject but had interest in IT ? Is he going to tell HO my qualifications have nothing to do with my business. I joined MSc in Health care only for timepass or because I wanted a student visa to come to the UK?

Dear friend, You dont appear to be coming here to help others but rather to boast about your visa. If you like helping people, you must help them so that they succeed. Every case is different. Dont be under an impression that because you got your visa showing an IT business, everyone will get it.

Again I am saying MBA is different. I also have an MBA in Marketing. Marketing and Finance professionals can enter any industry. But this is not the case with MSCs in Health care.

To avoid failing under 245 DD(h) and then appealing and arguing who can stop me from starting an IT business, one has to be tactful. To be successful at getting visa, he can show Health Care Management Consultancy firm which is also above NQF 4.

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for all you replied. If I open health care management consultancy firm do I need to register with care quality commission before I apply for visa . Please reply as my visa is PSW expiring soon .

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:32 pm

moh.moh wrote:Thanks for all you replied. If I open health care management consultancy firm do I need to register with care quality commission before I apply for visa . Please reply as my visa is PSW expiring soon .

Yes you have to register with a concerning professional body related with your trade.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:52 pm

moh.moh wrote:Thanks for all you replied. If I open health care management consultancy firm do I need to register with care quality commission before I apply for visa . Please reply as my visa is PSW expiring soon .
If you google for regulatory bodies for Health Care Management, you will find names of few. The most popular one British Healthcare Trade Association ... http://www.bhta.net/

You can email them and get more information. Make a nice business plan, if needed get professional help. Dont leave any loopholes. Make it look like a real running business.

All the best and good luck!

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks for your valuable reply. If I register with this trade body than do I still need to register with CQC or not?. Please I need some more advice please PM your email or mobile than I will discuss to you my case. Thanks