ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year Long Residency & Dependent Settlement.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HassanAli
Newly Registered

10 Year Long Residency & Dependent Settlement.

Post by HassanAli » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi EveryOne,
Hope that all forum members are in good state of health, need a bit of information regarding dependent application.
I got my Tier1 Ent visa in April 2014, now completing my 10 year long term residency this august so just preparing myself for the bits and pieces of long term residency. I have read through the posts and its pretty much simple application for myself for ILR through long term residency. My wife joined me on my dependent visa back in February 2012. When i got my T1 Ent in 2014, she got her status switched over again as my dependent. Hence been living together happily thereafter :D

My question is that once i get my ILR after submitting application this summer, what documents are required to be submitted with my wife's application for her ILR??? Are they as simple as just a Bank Statement, life in Uk test, previous passports ,visa and filled out application with fee or we need anything else as well?? Is there any requirement for maintenance of Funds as well for her as dependent applicant for ILR. As if there is a requirement for the maintenance, I need to start working on it in advance.
Any help and advice regarding this is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance Friends.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 10 Year Long Residency & Dependent Settlement.

Post by Zee ali » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:14 pm

HassanAli wrote:Hi EveryOne,
Hope that all forum members are in good state of health, need a bit of information regarding dependent application.
I got my Tier1 Ent visa in April 2014, now completing my 10 year long term residency this august so just preparing myself for the bits and pieces of long term residency. I have read through the posts and its pretty much simple application for myself for ILR through long term residency. My wife joined me on my dependent visa back in February 2012. When i got my T1 Ent in 2014, she got her status switched over again as my dependent. Hence been living together happily thereafter :D

My question is that once i get my ILR after submitting application this summer, what documents are required to be submitted with my wife's application for her ILR??? Are they as simple as just a Bank Statement, life in Uk test, previous passports ,visa and filled out application with fee or we need anything else as well?? Is there any requirement for maintenance of Funds as well for her as dependent applicant for ILR. As if there is a requirement for the maintenance, I need to start working on it in advance.
Any help and advice regarding this is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance Friends.
If u get Ilr on the basis of 10 years long residency your mrs clock will reset and can't apply for ILR.

U than need her visa to switch to flr m (spouse of settled person) than she needs to spend 5 years under that category.
2*2.5 years= 5 years and than her ILR.

For flrm u need to earn £18600 in a year. if u r employee than u need to show 6 months wageslips and bank statement. if u r self employed than 1 year tax return.

Your wife needs English A1 crtificate
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:56 am

Hi Zee Ali,
Bro thanks a lot for your response regarding my inquiry. For me its quite worrying that my wife's clocks resets if i get my ILR on 10 year long residency basis ! Brother is there any link related to the laws of the Home Office page regarding this ? I mean is there any reference to this in regards to the UKBA website or anything else which states this out? Your help in this regard is highly appreciated :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:44 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.