ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur's Parent visit visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

micnic111
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur's Parent visit visa

Post by micnic111 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Dear Fellow members,

I am currently on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa which recently extended in April 2015 for further 2 years. I would like my dad to visit me for couple of weeks.

Can anyone please advise what documents I do need to provide to support his application. He does not have a bank account and i would be sending my bank statement to sponsor him. Please advise how much i should have in account and for how long.

Your quick assistance will be highly appreciated

Kind Regards

Abdullah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur's Parent visit visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Your father needs to prove his ties and personal circumstances in his home country, i.e. employment, income, property ownership if any, family there. He needs to convince the ECO that it is a genuine visit and that he will leave the UK.

Standard Visitor Visa (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

micnic111
Newly Registered

Post by micnic111 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:47 pm

Dear Cr001,

Thank You very much for your advise. Its really help. I will be grateful if you can further advise how much money i should show in my bank statement in order to sponsor him. And do i need to add any of my business related documents to support the fact that i will be sponsoring his visit

Once again thanks for your earlier message

Regards

Abdullah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

there is no set amount you need to 'sponsor' them, but as they will be applying under the 'general visitor' sub category (because you are not settled), it is mostly their documents that have to persuade the ECO that they will in fact leave the UK and that they are 'genuine visitors'.

What do they have to prove their circumstances (personal and financial) in their home country?

They are getting tough on visitor visas, there have been many refusals this year already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.