ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment and directors loan

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alin55555
Newly Registered

Investment and directors loan

Post by alin55555 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Dear members,

I wonder if someone can help me on this. I have my extension due soon, I invested 50k through a directors loan about six months ago. Since then 12 K has been spent by business (buying equipment and other expenses).

So when I submit my upto date accounts with the application, does it need to specified in accounts that 12 K has been spent ?

At present my business account balance is 39 K (final accounts amount )

Related point in Entrepreneur Guidance : Point 136. ""136. Please note: If you are relying on funds invested in a business, any money you have already ‘spent’ for business purposes must be shown as investment in your financial accounts.""

Thank you for your support and help

zimba
Mood:

Re: Investment and directors loan

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:38 pm

This simply means that it should be categorised under Director's loan or Share capital showing that it is invested by you.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alin55555
Newly Registered

Post by alin55555 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:45 pm

Dear Zimba

Thank you for your reply.

The above point says that money spent should be shown as "investment". But if my understanding is right: the investment is by the individual into a business (director Loan shown in accounts), then the limited company spends that money to buy equipment, office rent, employee salaries ), so as long as the money spent is shown as "Business Expense" section in accounts its fine ?

Or should the spent money be labelled as "Investment " in accounts according to this Guidance point ?

But office equipment employee salary is not an investment it's a business expense. Paying wages to employees, buying equipment marketing spending is not an investment, it's a business expense needed for running the business (limited company)

Thank you

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 am

should the spent money be labelled as "Investment " in accounts according to this Guidance point ?
No such requirement in the rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice