ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur Visa Third Party

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akap12

Re: Entrepreneur visa Spending vs Investing

Post by akap12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:06 pm

marcnath wrote:
akap12 wrote: Thank again for a prompt reply !

So from what I understand, if you make money by being a graduate entrepreneur, then it doesn't hold value because you have to show 50k from your own account weather or not your business is successful?
What is the difference between me being able to apply as a successful entrepreneur vs someone who wasn't so successful with their business? Doesn't graduate entrepreneur visa website say if a graduate entrepreneur is successful with their business, they may switch to an entrepreneur visa? :/
I appreciate your concerns. You are raising valid policy questions and if I were setting policy, I probably would not do it this way. But as I am not, I can't answer the questions.

But having said that, I also can understand why some of these policies are in place - however silly or unfair they may seem. Part of it so that everyone has an fair and equal chance - for example, they want to avoid the ability for someone to "buy" their way in.

You have been obviously doing a good job and don't let this discourage you. Yes, you may switch to a T1E as was said. But the conditions to switch is something that was clear when you applied for the T1GE and that hasn't changed.

As I said, read the guidance carefully and take professional advice. I think there may be a way around to use that money, but that is a loophole and I am not going to discuss that here as I could be very wrong.
Thanks for a swift reply.
I'm already looking into getting professional help.
I thought I could simply read the policy guidance and go about applying for the visa (without proper funding as what I've understood).

Thanks again, got more help/advice then i expected :)

akap12

90 days funds help

Post by akap12 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am

Hi everyone,
I just have a question.
I put XX k in my personal account for my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa today and I am due to apply on 27th Sept, 2017 (visa expiry date).
My 90 day period would end on the 26th Sept, 2017.

Should i post my application on the 27th which is the day my visa expires/and i have >90days statement or the 26th which is the last day of my 90 day period?

Thanks in advance !

PS: I don;t want to sign a 3rd party declaration so I am looking to put money for more than 90 days in my personal acc

marcnath

Re: 90 days funds help

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:46 am

akap12 wrote:Hi everyone,
I just have a question.
I put XX k in my personal account for my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa today and I am due to apply on 27th Sept, 2017 (visa expiry date).

Should i post my application on the 27th which is the day my visa expires/and i have >90days statement or the 26th which is the last day of my 90 day period?

Thanks in advance !

PS: I don;t want to sign a 3rd party declaration so I am looking to put money for more than 90 days in my personal acc
Please don't start new threads for related questions. It helps people trying to help you have all the background.

26th or 27th is not going to make a difference - the requirement is at least 90 days, not more than 90 days. You need the statement covering the 90 days. So you can send the application the day you have the statement with you.

By the way, given that you have two 31 day months, wouldn't 25th be the 90th day ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm

POSTS MERGED :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akap12

Entrepreneur Visa Third Party

Post by akap12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am

Hi everyone,
I am using 40k on my own money and 10k of my siblings money for my Entrepreneur visa.

Can someone help me with the template required for third party funding?
I cant find it online.

Many thanks

marcnath

Re: Entrepreneur Visa Third Party

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 am

The guidance document has the template in it - right somewhere towards the end
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am

zimba88 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm
POSTS MERGED :!:
All topics merged (again).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akap12

Post by akap12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 am
Hi marcnath,
Thank you for a quick reply !

I just wanted to ask: should the template letter be issued from my Bank in the UK or from my brothers bank (third party)?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 pm

akap12 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:52 am
Hi marcnath,
Thank you for a quick reply !

I just wanted to ask: should the template letter be issued from my Bank in the UK or from my brothers bank (third party)?
Have you read the template letter ?

Where was the reference to the bank ?

Anyway, if you can get a bank in UK to certify anything in your brother's bank overseas, that would be quite an accomplishment in itself.

akap12

Post by akap12 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:16 am

Have you read the template letter ?

Where was the reference to the bank ?

Anyway, if you can get a bank in UK to certify anything in your brother's bank overseas, that would be quite an accomplishment in itself.
Yes there are two letters that are required. The template says one of the letters has to be printed in the letter headed paper of the bank/financial institution.
I think a better approach would be getting a letter from the bank in the US(brothers account) stating I have been transferred the 10k for business purposes with a third party declaration letter.

The bank in the UK(my account) will show this in the statements so I don't think a letter would be required. Maybe just a formal letter saying I have the money to invest.

Thanks !

akap12

Re: 90 days funds help

Post by akap12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:46 am
akap12 wrote:Hi everyone,
I just have a question.

Thanks in advance !

Please don't start new threads for related questions. It helps people trying to help you have all the background.

26th or 27th is not going to make a difference - the requirement is at least 90 days, not more than 90 days. You need the statement covering the 90 days. So you can send the application the day you have the statement with you.

By the way, given that you have two 31 day months, wouldn't 25th be the 90th day ?
Hi marcnath,
My funds start from the 29th June 2017.
If i use the website to calculate new date after 90 days it says 27th Sept (not sure if its inclusive).

My current leave expires on the 27th. Should i apply on the 26th or 27th? :(

Thanks again !

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 am

26th would be the 90th day. Not sure if HO wants 90th day to be completed or started :-)

So, safer to apply on 27th.

It is very tight to apply that close, if there is a problem with payment, then the application will be invalid and you can no longer make an intime application.

As credit card payments sometimes get declined, you should use a postal order or bank draft to ensure that there can be no problems with payment.

akap12

Post by akap12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:41 am
26th would be the 90th day. Not sure if HO wants 90th day to be completed or started :-)

So, safer to apply on 27th.

It is very tight to apply that close, if there is a problem with payment, then the application will be invalid and you can no longer make an intime application.

As credit card payments sometimes get declined, you should use a postal order or bank draft to ensure that there can be no problems with payment.
If i apply on the 27th, doesn't that mean when they get my application (next day), it would have been already 1 day after my visa expires? :/

Also, usually if the debit card gets declined, they usually send a letter to your address to type the card details again ? I had this issue with my graduate entrepreneur payment.

Many Thanks !

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:19 am

Date of application within the country is the day you post (unless you courier it, then it is date of receipt).
There have been cases when they have just returned the application if payment is unsuccessful. So there's no guarantee

akap12

Post by akap12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:19 am
Date of application within the country is the day you post (unless you courier it, then it is date of receipt).
There have been cases when they have just returned the application if payment is unsuccessful. So there's no guarantee
Do they have a grace period if something like this happens? :|
If i go to the bank and let them know about a transaction that is going to happen with that amount, will it help?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

akap12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am
Do they have a grace period if something like this happens? :|
There is a grace period - just that it is before the application date. They advice applications be done 28 days before to cater for these.
As to them being flexible in cases of such circumstances, it will be your luck. There seems to be no official policy on that. And I can understand that - if they make the grace period official, it will just be treated as additional time by some people.
akap12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am
If i go to the bank and let them know about a transaction that is going to happen with that amount, will it help?
You should do that anyway. But again, there is no guarantee. If something goes wrong, the bank is not going to help you get through UKVI.
The chances of a Debit card rejection is generally quite low if you have the amount in your bank account.
Overall the risk is low, so it is up to you whether you take it or do the surer option of a bankers draft

akap12

Post by akap12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi marcnath,
One more thing: I got a letter from my brothers bank (Bank of America) saying the money was for "sponsorship of my name". I got a third party letter from my brother(as shown in the annex) which was notarised and signed by legal representative (It was notarised by saying my brother showed sufficient ID evidence and was typed on the same page as the third party letter).

Do i still need an additional letter from the legal representative?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:23 pm

As long as it covers the requirements set out in the legal declaration section, I don't believe that it has to be on a separate sheet of paper. But make sure your cover letter states that those two requirements are met in one single document.

akap12

Post by akap12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi marcnath,
I wanted to ask you one more question: I am registered as a sole trader. I spent around 3k for a clothing event for my business but my transaction was straight form my personal account. Is there a way to show this as investment?

Many Thanks !

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:12 pm

akap12 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:05 pm
Hi marcnath,
I wanted to ask you one more question: I am registered as a sole trader. I spent around 3k for a clothing event for my business but my transaction was straight form my personal account. Is there a way to show this as investment?

Many Thanks !
If your accountants agree I believe you should be able to account it as share capital

akap12

Post by akap12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:12 pm
akap12 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:05 pm
Hi marcnath,

Many Thanks !
If your accountants agree I believe you should be able to account it as share capital
Can sole traders do share capital? I was thinking of showing it as direct cash investment maybe?

Anyways besides the 50k in my account i have shown 3k as investment. Even if they don't count it as proper investment I should be fine right?

akap12

Post by akap12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Also the invoices show both my name and the company name. Hmm

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Ok. You are self employed. It should be easier to account for expenses as investment.
Your accountants should draw up the separate business accounts and this shows as money from you

akap12

Unauidted accounts shows profit

Post by akap12 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Graduate Entrepreneur at the moment.
My unaudited accounts show £13,000 in business profits. I transferred this money less than 90 days before the date of my application with my accountant letter/unaudited report. Is this fine? Policy guidance does not talk about business profits generated as a graduate entrepreneur kept for less than 90 days? :|

Thanks !