ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Plan Info

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akap12

Business Plan Info

Post by akap12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Since I can't find examples of successful business plans for the Ent visa I just wanted to generally ask:
How long are typical business plans?
How detailed should they be?
Do the financials have to be there for the entire 3 year period?
Is there anyone here who has not been interviewed as an initial application because of their pre-visa successful businesses?
I have a degree in computer science but I am doing online retail. What if the business has nothing to do with my qualifications but rather is due to experimentation and exposure into the industry?
I don't have a lot of market research but I have sales and profits. Doesn't this automatically show genuineness and lessen the importance of the plan itself?

PS: Rather than mods, I want people who are applying for the visa to discuss :D

zimba
Mood:

Re: Business Plan Info

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Tier 1E rules do NOT make ANY suggestions on what a successful business plan is. This is all at the discretion of the HO as each business plan will be evaluated on its own merits and subjectively by HO case workers, based on any evidence submitted as well as any information provided in a visa interview with the applicant.
Discussions or any opinions on how to prepare a suitable business plan are therefore will be highly subjective and fall outside the scope of this forum :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akap12

Post by akap12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm
Tier 1E rules do NOT make ANY suggestions on what a successful business plan is. This is all at the discretion of the HO as each business plan will be evaluated on its own merits and subjectively by HO case workers, based on any evidence submitted as well as any information provided in a visa interview with the applicant.
Discussions or any opinions on how to prepare a suitable business plan are therefore will be highly subjective and fall outside the scope of this forum :!:
Got it !
Just wanted to know how other people were going about with their plans?
I am not looking to argue about the scope of writing a good business plan.
Lawyers/Solicitors charge £5000 for this. Just thought a discussion would be helpful for future entrepreneurs.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 am

akap12 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Got it !
Lawyers/Solicitors charge £5000 for this. Just thought a discussion would be helpful for future entrepreneurs.
Wow - £5000 !! - I think there is an entrepreneurial opportunity right there.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

akap12

Post by akap12 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:44 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 am
akap12 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Got it !
Wow - £5000 !! - I think there is an entrepreneurial opportunity right there.
LOL :lol:

akap12

Post by akap12 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 am

Quick question: Do you think I will need to show financials for the upcoming 3 year period or is 1 year (2018) enough?

Thanks !

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:20 am

akap12 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 am
Quick question: Do you think I will need to show financials for the upcoming 3 year period or is 1 year (2018) enough?

Thanks !
Again, there are no guidelines or requirements for a business plan.
And what a business plan would have would depend a lot on the type of business.
I invest into start-ups and what I look for in a business plan are things to convince me that there is a chance of success - I would think HO has a similar objective - evaluating if you can be successful.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.