ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash only business and genuineness

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uzzal13

Cash only business and genuineness

Post by uzzal13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

Dear Marcnath, Zimba and other Gurus,
i just started a new business (Buffett restaurant) with my friend just after my extension and one of our concept is cash only business.
As i got my initial E Visa May 2014 so I am going to eligible for ILR application May 2019, is it correct? I had been waiting 9month for my extension result so this 9 month will count in 5 years E visa route?

now my main question is that when i go for ILR will i get any trouble to prove my genuineness as i am doing cash only business?

raj.m
Mood:
India

Re: Cash only business and genuineness

Post by raj.m » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:30 am

uzzal13 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am
i just started a new business (Buffett restaurant) with my friend just after my extension and one of our concept is cash only business.
As i got my initial E Visa May 2014 so I am going to eligible for ILR application May 2019, is it correct? I had been waiting 9month for my extension result so this 9 month will count in 5 years E visa route?

now my main question is that when i go for ILR will i get any trouble to prove my genuineness as i am doing cash only business?
You will be eligible 28 days before May 2019.

A lot of small takeaways/restaurants are cash only, so don't think genuineness will be an issue as long as you have all the invoices/receipts to back up your claims. And you would only have to face this question if they decide to interview you or ask for additional documents.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:03 am

uzzal13 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

I find it intriguing that when the market generally is moving to a cashless society, you have found a niche with a cash only business. But that is what entrepreneurship is about, so I can't see why it should impact genuineness. Expect more scrutiny for that reason - cash only may raise all kinds of concerns. But if you have your rationale in place and everything is above board, it should be ok.

Your eligibility is only dependent on the initial grant date, so as raj pointed out - you will be eligible to apply 28 days before the fifth anniversary of your grant date.
Note that, if you need to avail of the transitional arrangement for job creation, your application needs to be submitted before 6th April 2019.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Initial grant date was 16 may 2014

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 pm

I cannot see any issue at all with cash only. I assume you are fully legal with a till and offer a receipt to every purchase.

You are losing a lot of business being cash only.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

uzzal13 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm
Initial grant date was 16 may 2014
Ok. So you can't apply before 6 April 2019. Remember that you need two separate jobs, each of 12 months minimum.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.