ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial Tier 1 Ent Application Outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

piercebody

Initial Tier 1 Ent Application Outside UK

Post by piercebody » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:04 am

I am planning to submit my second application ( first one got rejected due to the lack of market research).

Experts please share your thoughts on these options.
Option1 :
Submit the new application with claming that I will start my own company after getting approval.
Option2:
Join as 90% shareholder and director in an existing limited company ( with one of my customer's company).

Last time I have applied with option1. If I go through option 2 will it add any value or make the case more complex..??. Partnership with British add any genuiness value to my application..??
Appreciate your thoughts which could be supportive in my case.
Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Initial Tier 1 Ent Application Outside UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:54 am

If anyone is interested in reading the previous refusal topic.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/administra ... 44983.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks Char for the link.

I think I already replied there that I don’t believe setting up a company before application will help. The argument applies for joining one too.
If you want to improve the chances the best is to get in touch with organisations such as DIT - an endorsement from them will help
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks Marcnath for your as usual great help. DIT endorsement is a great point and I will look into it.

(The below reply is from you for one of my post and your recent reply is slighly different from this. I hope you may assume that I open the company just for the sake of having a director post & HMRC registered my name under one company. Actually it has business bank account and started getting few resonable transactions). Can you please think again and advice me if my name included in a real running company will it add any value..??). I value your points more than any lawyer as everything is happening as per your suggestions. You have replied on my old post that involving in a running business may work against me as myself being in UK will not add any value when I do something succesfully being in offshore. But for this reason I am changing my business plan to explain how my presence will add more value to my business).
Please suggest your thoughts and sorry if I take your time again and again for the same issue.
(I keep this new application as my last try :-( ). Thanks.

by marcnath » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:51 am
Why did you start a new post if you already have a thread going ?
Your best bet would be to go for AR and try to explain the misinterpretation.
If that is refused, then you can go for a fresh application.
If you already have orders and so on, then it makes sense to set up the company and show the business in your next application.
marcnath wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:14 am
Thanks Char for the link.
I think I already replied there that I don’t believe setting up a company before application will help. The argument applies for joining one too.
If you want to improve the chances the best is to get in touch with organisations such as DIT - an endorsement from them will help

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 am

Yes, if there is already business going, then it helps show that there is some evidence that there is a market - so that is useful.
My comment was based on the assumption that you would just be joining the company for the sake of just having a presence.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks a lot.
Experts,
I just happen to see this document for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz169l6miq1s5 ... 4.png?dl=0
which says there is a quota for each visa in one year time.

Does this applicable to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa also. Please share your thoughts if it is true so that I will file my application in a good time rather than when they complete their quote for an year.

Thanks again.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:28 pm

piercebody wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am
Thanks a lot.
Experts,

Does this applicable to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa also. Please share your thoughts if it is true so that I will file my application in a good time rather than when they complete their quote for an year.

Thanks again.
This is only for GE

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:28 pm
piercebody wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am
Thanks a lot.
Experts,

Thanks again.
This is only for GE
Marcnath,
Thanks a lot for your as usual great supports.
Now I am preparing the cover letter which got the usual content summary of my application and refusal remedy action carried over in the couple of months.

Can you please recommend me what is the best approach to keep which content on top in the covering letter.

Option1: Refusal issues fixed summary followed by checklist to get reward for the 95 points.
Option 2: Check list to deserve the 95 points followed by the refusal reason fixes..

Sorry for many questions as the lawyer ask me to decide on my own ( he said both has same effect) so I want to proceed with the way to get the ECO's best impression

Thanks in advance.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 am

piercebody wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 am

Marcnath,
Now I am preparing the cover letter which got the usual content summary of my application and refusal remedy action carried over in the couple of months.

Can you please recommend me what is the best approach to keep which content on top in the covering letter.

Option1: Refusal issues fixed summary followed by checklist to get reward for the 95 points.
Option 2: Check list to deserve the 95 points followed by the refusal reason fixes..

Sorry for many questions as the lawyer ask me to decide on my own ( he said both has same effect) so I want to proceed with the way to get the ECO's best impression

Thanks in advance.
The guidance says the cover letter is optional and is to be used to explain or supplement your application. So I am neutral on either approach.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:46 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 am
piercebody wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 am

Marcnath,

Thanks in advance.
The guidance says the cover letter is optional and is to be used to explain or supplement your application. So I am neutral on either approach.
Hello MarcNath,
I have submitted my application today and will keep you updated this topic when I get any new status. Just preparing for the interview. Thanks a lot for being supportive all the way through out my application and let us hope for the positive outcome. Thanks a lot again.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 am

Hello Marcanth,
Today is my seventh day after the submission. My VFS confirmed on the same day that they have forwarded my application to UKVI-Sheffield. In my last application I got the acknowledgement from Sheffield office as below within 2 days.
"Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

This time still I am waiting for this email. Is this normal that sometimes they miss it but still process or any other issues they find for not sending this email..?. I just wanted to clear and not to be in the dark room for long time and then escalating the issue using the paid email method. I have good experience with HO in my last application as they missed out (deleted) my business plan but kept me waiting for more than 2 months even for thier mistake also.

Just FYI this time I have provided DIT support letter, and cleared all the causes of previsous refusal and attached evidences for all the issues. Please share your idea why there is such a delay in acknowledgement confirmation by email.

Thanks in advance.

piercebody

Re: 200K - Initial Application - Outside UK

Post by piercebody » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:54 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 am
Each application is expected to be evaluated on its own merit.

I doubt very much that the ECO will compare the two applications. The refusal reasons of a previous application may give some guidance as to what the CW looks, but it would not be surprising that if the fresh application is refused, it is on totally new reasons.
Hello Marcnath,
Today I got an email from the Department of International Trade ( DIT) Team and asking about my application status.I said the current status is 'awaiting decision' despite 17 working days crossed already.
Then I got another email as below and they sent Applicant Consent form to sign to flag DIT's interest in my application and asking the reason to expedite the processing.I have completed the form and explained the reason also to expedite my process.

As they are supporting me I dont want to ask them more questions to know about the process.
Can one of the expert please share your thoughts on this and the curious to know the real meaning of flag DIT's interest in my applciation
Thanks.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your email.
I can flag DIT’s interest in your application. To do so, I need you to complete and return to me the attached form.To request the Home Office expedite your application, I will need to provide them with sufficient, compelling evidence as to why this is necessary
Please do let me know if this is something you would like to proceed with.

Once you provide me with this information I will make the expedite request to the Home Office.

Kind regards,

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 am

I suspect it is just a normal follow up. I expect DIT have their own targets to meet so would have a process to keep track of applications they support.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 am
I suspect it is just a normal follow up. I expect DIT have their own targets to meet so would have a process to keep track of applications they support.
Dear Marcnath,
My application enquiry status got reply as below.
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

I hope it is one of their standard reply. Just wondering my application crossed( bypass) the interview call as there is no interview request as of now. ( I am on 23rd Working day).

Please share your view as I am preparing and waiting for the interview call everyday :-)

Thanks & Regards,
Matt.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:37 am

piercebody wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am
marcnath wrote:
Dear Marcnath,
With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.

I hope it is one of their standard reply. Just wondering my application crossed( bypass) the interview call as there is no interview request as of now. ( I am on 23rd Working day).

Please share your view as I am preparing and waiting for the interview call everyday :-)

Thanks & Regards,
Matt.
Seems to be a standard message

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:42 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:37 am
piercebody wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am
marcnath wrote:
Dear Marcnath,

Thanks & Regards,
Matt.
Seems to be a standard message
Dear Marcnath,

I saw lot of answers for my questions in this forum but still want to get a final word from you.
My video conference interview shheduled in my VFS centre at 6th Aug.

1.In my last time it was just a telephone interview and this time it is video and any intention/reason behind this or Do I need prepare anything specilly for this..?

2.Is this the same process the ECO record ( type/write) all answers or kind of face to face interview like USA visa interviews.?

3.Do we need to be very formal like suit & tie or tie only or just be normal is fine..?
Please reply me if you have any general tips as I always gain confidence from all your replies.

Kind Regards,
Matt

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm

1. There have been both telephone and video interviews - I don't read anything into this
2. Pretty much
3. Just be presentable

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm
1. There have been both telephone and video interviews - I don't read anything into this
2. Pretty much
3. Just be presentable
Thanks Marcnath. I am almost ready for it with my maximum confidence level :-)
When the interview (video) is going on can I keep some hint notes and look at the financial figures,competitors list and so many detailings from the hint and answer them. I have lot of details and if you advice it may affect negatively then I will memorize ( cant do with all the competitor list and customers address).Please share your thoughts. Thanks for you all your supports and I am in my final stage now :-)

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm

piercebody wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am
marcnath wrote:
2. Pretty much
3. Just be presentable
When the interview (video) is going on can I keep some hint notes and look at the financial figures,competitors list and so many detailings from the hint and answer them. I have lot of details and if you advice it may affect negatively then I will memorize ( cant do with all the competitor list and customers address).Please share your thoughts. Thanks for you all your supports and I am in my final stage now :-)
I just noticed you had tagged your questions to another person's post. I have moved it to your own thread. Please refrain from tagging your question to other posts

Sure, you should be able to use notes.
Good luck

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm
piercebody wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am
marcnath wrote:
2. Pretty much
3. Just be presentable
I just noticed you had tagged your questions to another person's post. I have moved it to your own thread. Please refrain from tagging your question to other posts

Sure, you should be able to use notes.
Good luck
Hi Marcnath,
Just wanted to update about my today's Interview.

Same questions asked (100%) as my previous interview and recorded.
Only difference is through video conference but it is easier to answer as I can read from her face she completed type recording or not.
Same kind of staff young one who don't have know any knowledge on business terms. But lazy to type more points wanted to go to the next question.
The officer drinking Tea/Coffee in between and checking mobile messages ( Teenage behavior).
No questions asked about my previous refusal and they treated me as complete new applicant. I hope the decision maker will compare and finalize it. Let us hope for the best and I will keep you updated.
Thanks for your great supports. Matt
( Note: Please share your thoughts (sure you have pls :-) ) why the previous refusal was not reflected in the questions/interview and all my guess and preparation not used in this interview).

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 am

Finally.. Finally..Finally.. I got my approval to Tier 1 Entrepreneur Initial ( outside UK).
Marcnath...What to say about this gentleman.??
Guys, Who ever viewing this forum please go through all his reply to your specific visa categories.
You dont need any lawyer and dont need to check any guidance material and simple follow his advice.

I am ready to make my success route as a case study to anyone get your Tier 1 Initial Ent Visa. The full credit of my success is just I followed Marcnath closely and eventhough he dont respond some questions which dont really deserve a response :-)

He adviced me to get an endorsement/support letter from DIT Team and the real things what ECO is looking at all the applications. I just followed his advice and got my approval today.

Thanks again Marcnath and keep changing many people lives in a positive way.

Best Regards,
Matt.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello Marcnath,

I am in London collected my BRP :-) and planning to setup my business and have a doubt on this. Can you please advice me. I just read the Extension application got 20 points for the below rule.

You have:
(a) registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed
or
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company, or member of a UK partnership. You must have registered within six months of entering the UK with this entry clearance (if you provide evidence to establish your date of entry) or, in any other case, within six months of the date your leave was granted.
20 ( award points)

So in my case my visa is approved on 14th August but I have appointed as a director already on 26th April ( prior to my visa approval) with my company. Do they consider this and award points as I have appointed prior to my approval. Now I am going to invest and hire employees in the company in which I am a director prior to my apporval. Please confirm will this make any confusion in future..?

Thanks again.
Matt.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 pm

piercebody wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:48 pm
Hello Marcnath,

I am in London collected my BRP :-) and planning to setup my business and have a doubt on this. Can you please advice me. I just read the Extension application got 20 points for the below rule.

You have:
(a) registered with HM Revenue & Customs as self-employed
or
(b) registered with Companies House as a director of a UK company, or member of a UK partnership. You must have registered within six months of entering the UK with this entry clearance (if you provide evidence to establish your date of entry) or, in any other case, within six months of the date your leave was granted.
20 ( award points)

So in my case my visa is approved on 14th August but I have appointed as a director already on 26th April ( prior to my visa approval) with my company. Do they consider this and award points as I have appointed prior to my approval. Now I am going to invest and hire employees in the company in which I am a director prior to my apporval. Please confirm will this make any confusion in future..?

Thanks again.
Matt.
Yes, that is fine