ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAP 27 days past but no response

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfanlibra2017

Tier1 200k outside UK refused. Unfair case handling

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 am

Hi,
I recently applied for Tier1 200k and my case was refused on the ground that I did not submitted a third party letter confirming that my sponsor/investor will give the 200,000GBP to me after the approval of my case. However, they did not noticed that there is a bank statement attached on the front of financial documents set which shows 208,000GBP are transfered into my account by the sponsor already.

We filed AR, so that the senior entry clearance officer can check this silly mistake and over turn the decision but unfortunately the AR case officer also came back with the same point that he was able to find only maintenance funds statement in my case and all other legal letters for third party funding but no investment bank statement. This is totally wrong, as my investment bank account maintenance certificate as well as statement was submitted and is still intact in my original visa file. How can they miss such a clear document from my case file.

This is a non serious attitude from the Sheffield Office and now I don't know what do and how to contact them to say its there in my file.

Irfanlibra2017

Re: Tier1 200k outside UK refused. Unfair case handling

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 am

The case officer wording is as below:

Furthermore I agree apart from this letter and Summit Bank cheques, there is no letter from the third party and the only bank statement submitted is Bank XXXXX (*Maintenance funds bank statement). I have referred to your application and checklist and you have not noted any other bank statements submitted.

I am satisfied that the Entry Clearance Officer applied the correct immigration rules and that these were interpreted correctly therefore the refusal stands.

The bank statement is properly submitted. Within the application form and the documents checklist it is propely mentioned in BOLD letters that a bank letter and a bank statement from XYZ bank is submitted which shows I have access to 200k funds. How can he say i have not mentioned any other bank statement in the checklist.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 am
Hi,
I recently applied for Tier1 200k and my case was refused on the ground that I did not submitted a third party letter confirming that my sponsor/investor will give the 200,000GBP to me after the approval of my case. However, they did not noticed that there is a bank statement attached on the front of financial documents set which shows 208,000GBP are transfered into my account by the sponsor already.

We filed AR, so that the senior entry clearance officer can check this silly mistake and over turn the decision but unfortunately the AR case officer also came back with the same point that he was able to find only maintenance funds statement in my case and all other legal letters for third party funding but no investment bank statement. This is totally wrong, as my investment bank account maintenance certificate as well as statement was submitted and is still intact in my original visa file. How can they miss such a clear document from my case file.

This is a non serious attitude from the Sheffield Office and now I don't know what do and how to contact them to say its there in my file.
Did you submit a third party letter (not from the bank but from the third party ?)

When did the sponsor transfer the money to your account ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am

Did you submit a third party letter (not from the bank but from the third party ?)
Yes, A third party letter from the friend was submitted duly signed and counter signed by the first class magistrate was submitted.

Ten days before the application the funds were transfered to my account from the third party account and then the third party letter was typed and signed in the presence of first class magistrate. The copies of the cheques that were used to transfer the funds were also attached. My bank account letter and bank statement were also submitted which shows payment coming in to my account with the reference number of the relevant cheques.

A Separate abc banks bank statement was submitted with 11000GBP funds was submitted for maintenance funds.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 am
Yes, A third party letter from the friend was submitted duly signed and counter signed by the first class magistrate was submitted.

Ten days before the application the funds were transfered to my account from the third party account and then the third party letter was typed and signed in the presence of first class magistrate. The copies of the cheques that were used to transfer the funds were also attached. My bank account letter and bank statement were also submitted which shows payment coming in to my account with the reference number of the relevant cheques.

A Separate abc banks bank statement was submitted with 11000GBP funds was submitted for maintenance funds.
Ok. If that is all correct, then I agree it is unfair.
It is also highly unusual the mistake is made twice - once by the CW and then by the AR reviewer.

You have basically two options
1. Go to court. It will be expensive but if it is the UKVI's fault then you will likely be awarded the costs.
2. File a fresh application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 am

When my visa application was turned down at first place, I was shocked and I thought its easy as abc to win it within the AR but the entry clearance office came back with the same but more stupid reason in which he added that I have not mentioned in the checklist about investment funds bank statement (which is offcoure false claim by him). Even there is a form where you have to seperately write down to list of documents that you are submitting to claim 25 points. I have clearly types in bold text about Bank statement, bank letter, 3rd party letter, lawyer letter, etc...

The moment i received the AR refusal email. I quickly got hold of my visa application file and went through each and every document. Everything is in place. Then i checked my form and checklist in the form, it is mentioned everywhere about the investment funds bank statement.

The only thing that comes into my mind is that if I re file a fresh application, if they refuse me again with this type of lame excuse. what will be my option? That is why i am thinking of going to court against Home Office. How much is the cost of filing a JR? if you have any idea.

ahsanalishah
Mood:

Post by ahsanalishah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 am
When my visa application was turned down at first place, I was shocked and I thought its easy as abc to win it within the AR but the entry clearance office came back with the same but more stupid reason in which he added that I have not mentioned in the checklist about investment funds bank statement (which is offcoure false claim by him). Even there is a form where you have to seperately write down to list of documents that you are submitting to claim 25 points. I have clearly types in bold text about Bank statement, bank letter, 3rd party letter, lawyer letter, etc...

The moment i received the AR refusal email. I quickly got hold of my visa application file and went through each and every document. Everything is in place. Then i checked my form and checklist in the form, it is mentioned everywhere about the investment funds bank statement.

The only thing that comes into my mind is that if I re file a fresh application, if they refuse me again with this type of lame excuse. what will be my option? That is why i am thinking of going to court against Home Office. How much is the cost of filing a JR? if you have any idea.
If you fist time applying from the outside the country then there is no Jr options for you. you can only apply AR and if AR refused then fresh application again. Unfortunately yours only option left is the Fresh application with strong conversing letter by mentioning the previous mistake by the case worker. Please also write all the list of documents submitted with new fresh application in cover letter.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 am

Dear Ahsan,

I think its not that, my lawyer is preparing Pre Action Plan documents to be sent as soon as possible, If they did not over turned their decision in response to pre action plan then he will file JR. If I will go for fresh application then offcourse a nicely written cover letter is must, ecplaining the previous mistake/neglegance of the case worker but in my current application I did attached a complete checklist of the documents as well as a A4 size Tag for each set of documents to differentiate and make it easy for the case worker to understand the flow of application.

ahsanalishah
Mood:

Post by ahsanalishah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 am

where you are going for JR?

UK courts from Pakistan?

Or Pakistani Courts?

Guide me please on this?

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:10 am

You submitted bank cheques? (un-required document, if money was already in your account?). A great source of confusion. - By looking at the cheques (prima-facie) appears like money has not been transferred to your account but only the cheques were presented.

Which goes with the refusal reason of your initial application "my case was refused on the ground that I did not submitted a third party letter confirming that my sponsor/investor will give the 200,000GBP to me after the approval of my case."

Did you submit the bank letters stating that money £200,8000 is available in your account on xx-xx-xx date and that money is disposable in UK?

What you really needed (with regards to your investment funds) was only this :

1. Bank statements (not more than 90 days or since you started money transfer (totaling £200,000) in the investment funds account).

2. Letter from Bank (saying this much funds are available as on this date and that money is disposable in UK).

3. Letter from third party mentioning each transaction (amount) (with or without dates) sent to you into your XYZ investment account. And other relevant clauses and clarifications on this letter that money is given to your for running the business and for investment in UK.
-- Kaps84

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm

my suggestion is that .
1. let go your anger.
2. prepare new application without wasting any time
3. apply again
4. hope for that best, if the reply is negative again then take it to any courts your want.

i was refused on a silly reason also. but instead wasting time i applied again within days . you wont believe they interviewed me and my interview was worst of the worsts but i got T1 ent visa.
calm down prepare again and go for it. inshalah you will get it.

lets say for some reason they change their rules and you fell short of fullfilling new requirements then ?
it may cost you a bit more but its your future vs your anger..
you know whats best for you

all the best.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 am

kaps84 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:10 am
You submitted bank cheques? (un-required document, if money was already in your account?). A great source of confusion. - By looking at the cheques (prima-facie) appears like money has not been transferred to your account but only the cheques were presented.

Which goes with the refusal reason of your initial application "my case was refused on the ground that I did not submitted a third party letter confirming that my sponsor/investor will give the 200,000GBP to me after the approval of my case."

Did you submit the bank letters stating that money £200,8000 is available in your account on xx-xx-xx date and that money is disposable in UK?

What you really needed (with regards to your investment funds) was only this :

1. Bank statements (not more than 90 days or since you started money transfer (totaling £200,000) in the investment funds account).

2. Letter from Bank (saying this much funds are available as on this date and that money is disposable in UK).

3. Letter from third party mentioning each transaction (amount) (with or without dates) sent to you into your XYZ investment account. And other relevant clauses and clarifications on this letter that money is given to your for running the business and for investment in UK.
Yes cheques might have confused them but i did submitted a bank letter stating i have £208,000 in my account with all the required wordings to say it is transferable to uk, it is in my access and the bank is fsa regulated. Etc...

A professionally made third party letter was intact. And the bank statement of my account with investment funds transactions and ending balance of PKR3.2m was also attached.

£980 visa fee and they are still so naive to properly look at the documents.

I am soo confused to either re Apply or go for pap & JR

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 am

@Irfanlibra2017, I echo @Evicra's & @marchnath's suggestion:
Evicra wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm
my suggestion is that .
1. let go your anger.
2. prepare new application without wasting any time
3. apply again
4. hope for that best, if the reply is negative again then take it to any courts your want.
marcnath wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am
Ok. If that is all correct, then I agree it is unfair.
It is also highly unusual the mistake is made twice - once by the CW and then by the AR reviewer.

You have basically two options
1. Go to court. It will be expensive but if it is the UKVI's fault then you will likely be awarded the costs.
2. File a fresh application.
-- Kaps84

Irfanlibra2017

PAP 27 days past but no response

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:50 am

Hi folks,

I have sent PAP to home office on 30th april and since then they have not responded back to me. As officially they say it takes 14 days to reply. Anyone who have been through this situation can tell how long they take to respond? or sometimes they do not reply back at all which means i may have to goto JR step now.

I have applied for PAP from karachi pakistan.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PAP 27 days past but no response

Post by CR001 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 am

Topics Merged (click) to avoid repeat questions on reasons for refusal and a duplicate thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeeshan1976
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: PAP 2 months past but no response

Post by Zeeshan1976 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi can you please tell me how much time taken on PAP process I submitted application on 20 December 18 but upto now nonreply come from Home Office Legal Team
What can I do ?
Pls anyone give me answer or experience.

Thanks

Aamirkhan777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aamirkhan777 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm

I applied for PAP and within 14 days got response that home office will reconsider my case.... e-mail received on 6th of December 2018... day after tomorrow three months time will be over..... no response till... hoping for best..
Any one with same scenario....

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

My PAP was not considered and the refused my PAP. I didnt applied for JR anyway.

Aamirkhan777
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aamirkhan777 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Dear try and try again if right hold your ground success is not very easily achieved.... yesterday I received my passport with visa after a long battle..... keep trying.... you will get the desired result

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am
My PAP was not considered and the refused my PAP. I didnt applied for JR anyway.
It’s strange that they took so long in your case,

Have you planned to reapply?

What’s verdict now

What you decided to do ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 am

Given the route is now closed there is no option to re-apply under this version of the visa. You will have to move through to JR if you wish to tackle this further.