ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

interview for initial application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

polluz
Newly Registered

interview for initial application

Post by polluz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 am

Hi, does anyone know whether the interviewee (i.e. the main applicant) could be accompanied by an immigration adviser or an immigration lawyer during the interview? In case that the interviewee couldn't respond to a question with a good answer, the immigration adviser could help supplement. Thanks.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: interview for initial application

Post by moongesture » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:53 am

Best thing to do is to send an email to the interviewer and ask them to clarify this. In my opinion, so far no restriction in place neither I have seen anyone requesting to take support along but it's up to both parties to agree on terms. Providing supplementary answers are not something anyone can expect so No, it won't help.

marcnath

Re: interview for initial application

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:07 pm

polluz wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 am
Hi, does anyone know whether the interviewee (i.e. the main applicant) could be accompanied by an immigration adviser or an immigration lawyer during the interview? In case that the interviewee couldn't respond to a question with a good answer, the immigration adviser could help supplement. Thanks.
As moongesture pointed out, you can ask the interviewer.

However, this interview is supposed to be about you and your business, so personally I can't see the value an immigration advisor or lawyer can add. A translator if language is a challenge, your accountant for financials, etc. makes sense.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.