ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa requirement.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rocher

Dependent visa requirement.

Post by Rocher » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:14 am

Dear respected members.

Am struggling to find exact list of documents required to bring my wife as a dependant from outside UK.

Currently am on Tier 1 entrepreneur extention visa and i have gone through PBS dependant Policy guidance they have only asked to provide marriage certificate, criminal certificate and maintenance funds. Is that all just three documents that i have to submit with partner dependant application??
I have seen people send wedding pics, wedding cards, chat and call history and all educational degrees and transcript, council tax, sponsor letter from husband etc. But i couldn't find any of those in policy guidance.

It would be a great help if you could share what exact documents are required??

marcnath

Re: Dependent visa requirement.

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:35 am

Rocher wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:14 am
Dear respected members.

Am struggling to find exact list of documents required to bring my wife as a dependant from outside UK.

Currently am on Tier 1 entrepreneur extention visa and i have gone through PBS dependant Policy guidance they have only asked to provide marriage certificate, criminal certificate and maintenance funds. Is that all just three documents that i have to submit with partner dependant application??
I have seen people send wedding pics, wedding cards, chat and call history and all educational degrees and transcript, council tax, sponsor letter from husband etc. But i couldn't find any of those in policy guidance.

It would be a great help if you could share what exact documents are required??
You are correct in the documents needed. The additional required one is https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa.

All the other documents are optional unless you are bringing an unmarried partner.

Obviously, there are cases of sham marriages purely for the purpose of bringing some one over. So HO may ask you for additional documents and I guess many people are trying to pre-empt that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks Marcnath for your valuable comments. You have always been very helpful.

As you mentioned CW concerns about shame marriages Can you please suggest me what else should i attacked with dependent application apart from those in PBS dependent policy guidance cos i don't want CW to raise any concern about shame marriage and ask for further documents it would only cause more time in decision making.

Plus is there any need to attest my Wife's educational documents from UKNARIC in order to meet English language requirements???

Thanks again!!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 am

Rocher wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:40 pm
Thanks Marcnath for your valuable comments. You have always been very helpful.

As you mentioned CW concerns about shame marriages Can you please suggest me what else should i attacked with dependent application apart from those in PBS dependent policy guidance cos i don't want CW to raise any concern about shame marriage and ask for further documents it would only cause more time in decision making.

Plus is there any need to attest my Wife's educational documents from UKNARIC in order to meet English language requirements???

Thanks again!!
There are no specific documents. My personal approach has always been to meet the minimum requirements as proof of the confidence I have in my application. Feel free to attach any or all of the documents you mention in your initial post.

No, there is no language requirement until ILR
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Bcool
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bcool » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi there,
You need to provide proof of your relationship subsistence. Give them lots of proof like ur Facebook chat history whatsapp chat history or any other relationship proofs.
I was applied for same visa category two years ago, they refused my wife’s dependent visa as i went according to guidelines only i did not provide any extra proofs. On second time I provide all proofs like chat history calling history then igot visa .

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks Marcnarth and Bcool for assisting me.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 am

Rocher wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Thanks Marcnarth and Bcool for assisting me.
Dear Rocher,
I am in the same boat recently got Tier 1 Ent Visa and planning to apply dependent visa for my wife and three kids.I hope CW will not get any doubt about our relationship as I am going to apply with the marriage certificate & relation certificates. I have enough maintenance and currently having a running company setup.

Can you please share your outcome..?. so that I will follow the same procedure as I don't want to pay the rent to get the rental agreement unless it is a mandatory. Please share your experiences.
Thanks.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:23 pm

I haven't applied yet but applying soon.

So far i have found out that all you have to do is to focus on relationship proof. It would be better to start from day first like your engagement day, wedding day and then different occasions pictures and all chat history untill now just to show consistency in your relationship. You need to well organised your relationship proof documents with your traveling proof like first attach tickets then the pictures u took that time of ur stay with your partner etc.

Plus you can also attach some random proof of money transfer to your spouse.

You just have to show consistency in your relationship in order to get straightaway visa.