ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to T1 GE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cactiscactus
Newly Registered
China

Switching to T1 GE

Post by cactiscactus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Hello people! Newbie here!

I am currently in the UK. I am planning to submit my application on 24/01/2019 to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 1 GE, however, my current visa expires on 31/01/2019. It says the visa could take 8 week to process. I am therefore wondering if I submit my application before the expire date, can I stay in UK till a decision is reached or doing so count as overstay?

Anyone have same situation before? Looking forward to hear from you people!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to T1 GE

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Thought you were applying for a spouse visa in December last year??

immigration-for-family-members/shall-i- ... l#p1714787

If you apply for any visa BEFORE your current visa expires, you are allowed to stay while HO processes your application and are protected under section 3C of the immigration rules meaning your existing tier 4 visa conditions continue until a decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cactiscactus
Newly Registered
China

Re: Switching to T1 GE

Post by cactiscactus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 pm
Thought you were applying for a spouse visa in December last year??

immigration-for-family-members/shall-i- ... l#p1714787

If you apply for any visa BEFORE your current visa expires, you are allowed to stay while HO processes your application and are protected under section 3C of the immigration rules meaning your existing tier 4 visa conditions continue until a decision is made.
Hello CR001! Many thanks for the response! Yeah, I was planning to apply for the spouse visa, but my money is not yet up for 6 months, that means I need to be separate with my partner for several months :( . At the same time, I heard our school has a startup lab, so I gave it a go. My plan after spouse visa is also to set up a business, so I think go for GE first and then switch will be a good idea.