ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of Changes - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gingertea
Newly Registered

Statement of Changes - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Post by Gingertea » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 pm

HI all,

I'd be grateful if someone can clarify the below:
Following the Statement of Changes - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) on 7th March 2019, when Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is actually closing?
I have seen 6 April 2019, 6 July 2019 and also 31 July 2019.

Really confused, please help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Statement of Changes - Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Lusokeung
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Lusokeung » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi

After seeing statement of changes as below, does it mean I need to provide additional documents for business activity overview, my role details and settled workers job details if I am planning to submit my T1E extension application in late April 2019.

......Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their business’s activity, details of their role within the business, and the job titles/descriptions for the settled worker employees for whom they are claiming points......

Thank you for your reply.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 am

Yes if you apply after 6 April 2019
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PineappleThief
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by PineappleThief » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Will the original Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa remain as is, if Brexit gets delayed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:13 pm

PineappleThief wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm
Will the original Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa remain as is, if Brexit gets delayed?
Brexit does not affect applications under the UK immigration rules. It affects eu citizens and their family members.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Dear Mods,

Pls pardon my lack of understanding here, what exactly does this line mean?

The government has judged it proportionate to apply these changes to future
extension and settlement applications by entrepreneurs already in the category.

so if i was granted tier1 E in 2017, my extension next year will be judged on different factors?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:49 pm
Dear Mods,

Pls pardon my lack of understanding here, what exactly does this line mean?

The government has judged it proportionate to apply these changes to future
extension and settlement applications by entrepreneurs already in the category.

so if i was granted tier1 E in 2017, my extension next year will be judged on different factors?
Same factors but you need to provide the additional information. I see it as a more formalisation of the genuineness test, which already asks for this information during an interview.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

LexJag

Post by LexJag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 am

Hello Mods,

Please I need some clarification on this clause:

“Changes are being made to provide greater assurance that Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants are genuinely engaged in business. Applicants will be asked to provide an overview of their business’s activity, details of their role within the business, and the job titles/descriptions for the settled worker employees for whom they are claiming points. The government has judged it proportionate to apply these changes to future extension and settlement applications by entrepreneurs already in the category.”

My question:
What date does this change take effect?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:03 am

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am

Can we still keep and claim for European workers as settled worker

My ILR is due by Aug 2020 what will happen if no deal brexit happens

As 2 of my staff are settled worker

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 am

zamanam wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am
Can we still keep and claim for European workers as settled worker

My ILR is due by Aug 2020 what will happen if no deal brexit happens

As 2 of my staff are settled worker

Thanks
You seem to be worrying about things you have no control on. The rules will be updated in the case of a no deal Brexit and that's when anyone will know what happens. But it quite unlikely they will change it in a manner to be effective with retrospective effect.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Lusokeung
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Lusokeung » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 am

Hi

I found the following updates from latest T1E guidance as of 29 Mar 2019 version. I am going to submit my visa extension application this month. I think I need to prepare for these updates.

The guidance hasn't mentioned any specified documents to satisfy the requirement of showing business's activity, job title, job description, how to implement your business plan and your daily activities. I am thinking to submit my business name card, company website, office photos and write up a page to explain all of these. Is it ok to do like this? Please advise. Really no idea because it is brand new. I can't find anyone with experience to ask for. Thank you for your help in advance.

Business activity: specified documents (page 27):

(c) Regardless of whether you are self-employed, a director or member, you must also provide: (i) an overview of your business’s activity, including an explanation of the goods or services it provides to its customers or clients; and (ii) your job title and job description, setting out your role within the company, how you are implementing your business plan and what your main tasks and responsibilities are in running the business on a day-to-day basis.

Job creation: specified documents (page 29):

(c) Confirmation of the employment start date, job title, job description, hours paid per pay period and the hourly rate for each settled worker relied upon to claim points, including any changes in the hours worked per pay period or the hourly rate and the dates of those changes.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:03 pm

There is no specific document. You can send as much information as you want

maa123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by maa123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi just want to check according to the statement of changes do they ask to the ILR applicant who applied before Feb 2019 for business activity and more documents as well

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm

maa123 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:32 pm
Hi just want to check according to the statement of changes do they ask to the ILR applicant who applied before Feb 2019 for business activity and more documents as well
They can always ask for those. That is was always the case and not relevant to these changes