ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ideas for tier 1 Investment after failure of first business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hagen2020
Newly Registered
Germany

Ideas for tier 1 Investment after failure of first business

Post by hagen2020 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:19 pm

I know it is a difficult one, but maybe any idea will help.
I built a good business case for a media prodcution company and got my tier 1 visa approved. now after 5months in the UK i feel the capital needed to have a succesful business is beyound my avaiable capital (i came on 200k route.).

question:
can i change the business from what i got my tier 1 visa?
are there any good websites/places where i can find ideas/sellers of a business that i can take over?

thank you all in advance...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ideas for tier 1 Investment after failure of first business

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:28 pm

1. Yes.

2. members are not permitted to post any such detail on the forum.

Note also any money you pay to a business seller/individual is not counted as investment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1entrepreneur-A
inactive

Re: Ideas for tier 1 Investment after failure of first business

Post by tier1entrepreneur-A » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 pm

hagen2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:19 pm
I know it is a difficult one, but maybe any idea will help.
I built a good business case for a media prodcution company and got my tier 1 visa approved. now after 5months in the UK i feel the capital needed to have a succesful business is beyound my avaiable capital (i came on 200k route.).

question:
can i change the business from what i got my tier 1 visa?
are there any good websites/places where i can find ideas/sellers of a business that i can take over?

thank you all in advance...
In my opinion, it's better to do business in what you already knew, so if you found that it will be difficult at this stage to do your business as you dream to do, you can make the same business in small scale (or small part of it) to be one step on the same direction to make your dream come true, by doing your dream business (may be after having more fund, with better understanding for the market, hands-on the job/market)

Best wishes for you.