ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 ent visa staying limit in light of corona virus?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ow33
Mood:

T1 ent visa staying limit in light of corona virus?

Post by ow33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi.
I have a t1 entrepreneur visa and currently living in the uk. Visa was granted around 6months ago. So far i spent 15 days outside uk. Then 32 days within uk. Then spent 80 days outside uk and now 55 days inside the uk.
Now in light of corona virus im looking to go back home for sometime. My concern is that flights are being restricted and we’r not sure if i will be get back to uk within next 90days limit. If i wont be able to come back within 90 days and breaks this rule. What would that mean for the application? In terms of ilr, what should i do? Stay here till everything settles down? Or is there going to be any relief for such scenarios?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1 ent visa staying limit in light of corona virus?

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 pm

If you fail the absence limit, any ilr will likely be refused. You are making a conscious choice to travel out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:13 pm

What is the 90 day rule, anyway ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ow33
Mood:

Post by ow33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm

As per my understanding.. We have to spend atleast 180 days in each year and can not be absent from uk for 90 consecutive days. correct me if im wrong on this?

ow33
Mood:

Post by ow33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 pm
If you fail the absence limit, any ilr will likely be refused. You are making a conscious choice to travel out of the UK.
the issue is.. i want to be with my family during this time.. but im planning to come back in a month or two. what my concern is.. what if by that time, they dont allow any travel or my entry to uk.. what will happen then?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 pm
:idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:58 pm

ow33 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm
As per my understanding.. We have to spend atleast 180 days in each year and can not be absent from uk for 90 consecutive days. correct me if im wrong on this?
First time I am hearing about the 90 consecutive days rule. Maybe you can share you source of the same.

Unlikely that there will be any waiver of the absence rule. For Ebola, they did give a waiver but that was specifically for people who were involved with the humanitarian help for Ebola.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.