ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Job creation

Post by Sunsetsetc » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:56 pm

I Am on T1 Entrepreneur. I have joined a company as a director where there was one director who did not pay himself a salary. He left the Company after I joined. And I employed him as a manager. Does it classify as a job creation? He did not pay himself a salary when he was a director.

marcnath

Re: Job creation

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Sunsetsetc wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:56 pm
I Am on T1 Entrepreneur. I have joined a company as a director where there was one director who did not pay himself a salary. He left the Company after I joined. And I employed him as a manager. Does it classify as a job creation? He did not pay himself a salary when he was a director.
As long as he is a settled worker, he qualifies to be counted, the salary situation has nothing to do with it. The more important question is whether he was on the company payroll. If he was, then he is an existing employee and you would need to create an additional job.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Sunsetsetc
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by Sunsetsetc » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Thank you so much for your advice marcnath. He is British, and settled worker. He was not on a company payroll, so technically he was not an employee. He left directorship after I joined and was employed by the company as a manager only after a few months I have joined, as we realized we need his expertise. Would that count?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Sunsetsetc wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 pm
Thank you so much for your advice marcnath. He is British, and settled worker. He was not on a company payroll, so technically he was not an employee. He left directorship after I joined and was employed by the company as a manager only after a few months I have joined, as we realized we need his expertise. Would that count?
I don't see why not, if that is the case.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.