ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension bio-metrics reuse

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Camel555

Tier 1 Extension and combining part time jobs

Post by Camel555 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Its been stressful for me lately, as might have been for so many. My extension is just around the corner, flights to back home got suspended, still are, and i was supposed to visit family for Eid in May. My visa expires on 20th June, and considering the uncertainty, do you think i should travel to meet my family and take my chance of being able to be back around 30th May. My main business looks to remain closed till June.

A major question is about job creation, I know this would have been answered many times in the forum, believe me i have read so many threads but i remain confused hence would request your opinion please. The rule states that :
Different jobs that have existed for less than 12 months cannot be combined together to make up a 12 month period.

My one job is sorted,but for my second job please note that it was created when I invested in a franchise, To explain my question properly, please see below how my payslips look like:

From May 2019 till July 2019 One employee was always above 130hrs/month
From Aug 2019 till Nov 2019 A different employee but doing same functions was always above 130hrs/month
In Dec 2019, One employee did 110 hrs/month while others did 80hrs/month: Meaning there wasn't a single employee doing more than 130/month. So as per my understanding, i will add two employees to show that the job i created back in May 2019 continued.

But the above highlighted rule confuses me so much when it says that different jobs that existed for less than 12 months period......

can this possibly mean that the jobs that i am combining in the month of Dec are 'different jobs' and that they were for less thank 12 months as i only combined them for a period of one or two months (less than 12 months)?

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Extension and combining part time jobs

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Were all the employees in Dec doing the same job ?
If so, then it is still a Full-time JOB, just that it was done by more than one employee.
That should then be fine.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi Marc/mods, My company accounts are due now, we have almost finlaised them and the accountant has shown the investment as 'Director Loan'. My request to you is, is this all that we have to show in financial accounts that we submit to hmrc/companies house. Is there anything else we need to do? I have read the guidelines, it sates :
d) If you have made the investment in the form of a director's loan:
(i) it must be shown in the relevant set of accounts provided,
(ii) unless the investment was made on or before 19 November 2015 and the date of
application is before 19 November 2021, the investment must be shown through readily
identifiable transactions in your business bank statements, which must clearly show the
transfer of this money from you to your business

So apart from showing 'directors loan' is there anything else that should be mentioned?

thank you

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi Marc/mods, My company accounts are due now, we have almost finlaised them and the accountant has shown the investment as 'Director Loan'. My request to you is, is this all that we have to show in financial accounts that we submit to hmrc/companies house. Is there anything else we need to do? I have read the guidelines, it sates :
d) If you have made the investment in the form of a director's loan:
(i) it must be shown in the relevant set of accounts provided,
(ii) unless the investment was made on or before 19 November 2015 and the date of
application is before 19 November 2021, the investment must be shown through readily
identifiable transactions in your business bank statements, which must clearly show the
transfer of this money from you to your business

So apart from showing 'directors loan' is there anything else that should be mentioned?

thank you
Make sure your name is shown against the loan (generally in the Notes section).
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Camel555

Tier 1 Extension bio-metrics reuse

Post by Camel555 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to update that i have also received an email telling that i wont have to attend biometric appointment and my previous ones will be reused. Its a good news as far as booking appointments is concerned but for the facial image they state that they are working on a new system where we will be able to upload the image using new system. Now how long will that take, no one knows. Some people are of opinion that appointment would ve been better as you wouldn't have had to wait for the facial image system.

What do you guys think? has anyone else received this?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Extension bio-metrics reuse

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:54 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to update that i have also received an email telling that i wont have to attend biometric appointment and my previous ones will be reused. Its a good news as far as booking appointments is concerned but for the facial image they state that they are working on a new system where we will be able to upload the image using new system. Now how long will that take, no one knows. Some people are of opinion that appointment would ve been better as you wouldn't have had to wait for the facial image system.

What do you guys think? has anyone else received this?
This will be the norm soon
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Just to update everyone, now have received an email telling us that we will have to use a new app to upload facial image, app is to be available in phases starting from 1st week of august,
hopefully they wont take too long after starting the process,

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi Marc/mods,
I have finally received the invite for idv app, but I have been advised not to use the app and go for online appointment due to app having many issues

I would like to request your opinion on an ILR matter, I missed my first full year in Uk where I did not spend 180 days,

But from this forum I hear that the extension start date of extension is the day when the visa gets issued, so as it will provide me with and additional 3-4 months of time( if it’s true that the visa start date will be the day they issue it rather than the day it got expired), does this mean that I won’t have to go for 2nd extension if my stay remains with 180 day rule counting backwards ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi Marc/mods,
I have finally received the invite for idv app, but I have been advised not to use the app and go for online appointment due to app having many issues

I would like to request your opinion on an ILR matter, I missed my first full year in Uk where I did not spend 180 days,

But from this forum I hear that the extension start date of extension is the day when the visa gets issued, so as it will provide me with and additional 3-4 months of time( if it’s true that the visa start date will be the day they issue it rather than the day it got expired), does this mean that I won’t have to go for 2nd extension if my stay remains with 180 day rule counting backwards ?
Yes, extension is two years from date it is granted. So, you may not need another extension.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 am

thanks Marc,

but it does create another confusion, if the start date will be the issue date, then what about the jobs that i am maintaining post my existing expiry date which was in June, if extension starts from lets say Oct, will the jobs between June and Oct count towards my next extension requirements?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 am

Camel555 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 am
thanks Marc,

but it does create another confusion, if the start date will be the issue date, then what about the jobs that i am maintaining post my existing expiry date which was in June, if extension starts from lets say Oct, will the jobs between June and Oct count towards my next extension requirements?
In general no. The jobs need to be created after the extension date.

There is one exception - if you apply for ILR within 12 months of extension, you can count jobs 12 months back from the extension date. So, in your example, if you are eligible for ILR in June next year, then the jobs between june and october can be calculated as they will be within 12 months of application date.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi everyone, got my extension approval email today
Thank you so much Marc, other mods and respected members
Can never forget Marc’s help

Applied 18 June
Biometrics 15 sept