ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work after receiving acknowledgement letter....

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shashank21
Newly Registered

Right to work after receiving acknowledgement letter....

Post by shashank21 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi, I have applied for my Psw before my visa was due to expire and now I have been dismissed by my employer stating that they got a letter from UKBA that does confirm that I`v right to live and work in Uk as i applied before the visa expiry date but it had something that stated that they cannot confirm my right to work and the company can be penalised and something. I think I am being treated unfairly as I was suspended without pay from past 5 weeks and my employment was terminated today. I tried telling them about Sec.3C and all of it but they said UKBA`s letter holds more importance..
I am really in a fix about this whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Many thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Without seeing the actual reason for the dismissal and knowing other factors, it's not possible to comment. Tier 4 students can't take a full-time permanent job unless they took a degree at a HEI, and have applied for Tier 2, so it may be that you have no recourse to the law for your dismissal. It's all guesswork until you elaborate further.

shashank21
Newly Registered

Post by shashank21 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Without seeing the actual reason for the dismissal and knowing other factors, it's not possible to comment. Tier 4 students can't take a full-time permanent job unless they took a degree at a HEI, and have applied for Tier 2, so you may have no recourse to the law for your dismissal.
Hi. Yes I did go to a HEI and got a degree from them and did apply for Tier-1 PSW.. But I was on a part-time contract so couldn`t understand where the problem was???

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm

What did the letter from the UKBA say, what did your employer say - exact terms please?

uddz
Newly Registered

I do have same situation

Post by uddz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 am

Lucapooka wrote:What did the letter from the UKBA say, what did your employer say - exact terms please?
Hi there,

I do have same situation. i got hold of UKBA letter, which showed that i "there we currnetly cannot confirm that this individual is currntly entitiled to work in the UK on the basic of an out standing application".

i thiink best procedure would be contacting some soliciter.

shashank21
Newly Registered

Re: I do have same situation

Post by shashank21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am

uddz wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:What did the letter from the UKBA say, what did your employer say - exact terms please?
Hi there,

I do have same situation. i got hold of UKBA letter, which showed that i "there we currnetly cannot confirm that this individual is currntly entitiled to work in the UK on the basic of an out standing application".

i thiink best procedure would be contacting some soliciter.
Hi yes that is what it said on my letter too....and it warns the employers that they can be fined or something as well right?

arphaxad_cy
Newly Registered

Re: Right to work after receiving acknowledgement letter....

Post by arphaxad_cy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:39 pm

You should be allowed to work FULL TIME as long as in a non-permanent contract during this period.

shashank21 wrote:Hi, I have applied for my Psw before my visa was due to expire and now I have been dismissed by my employer stating that they got a letter from UKBA that does confirm that I`v right to live and work in Uk as i applied before the visa expiry date but it had something that stated that they cannot confirm my right to work and the company can be penalised and something. I think I am being treated unfairly as I was suspended without pay from past 5 weeks and my employment was terminated today. I tried telling them about Sec.3C and all of it but they said UKBA`s letter holds more importance..
I am really in a fix about this whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Many thanks

xiaoci38
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoci38 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

I thiink best procedure would be contacting some soliciter.

teja9
Newly Registered

Post by teja9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 am

Hello,

i too have the same problem...could you please tell me what are the further actions that we need to do?

i read the whole post. i think you have contacted the solicitor; could you please tell me what your solicitor said to you?