ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence, 10 years, ILR, psw

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Long residence, 10 years, ILR, psw

Post by Om Puri » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:09 am

Hi.....

Does 2 years psw visa count for 10 years long residence when someone apply for ILR?.......

Thankx

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

yes it does. it does not matter which visa were you on , if you are applying for 10yrs ILR. It has to be continuous legal stay. that's it. no exams involved !

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Post by Om Puri » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 am

RAJ2007 wrote:yes it does. it does not matter which visa were you on , if you are applying for 10yrs ILR. It has to be continuous legal stay. that's it. no exams involved !
Raj ji,

Again exam, very funny.I thought probably you will say there will be an exam at the Heathrow terminal 3 before issuing ILR.lol

Take care.God bless you.

Many thanks.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Long residence, 10 years, ILR, psw

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Om Puri wrote:Hi.....

Does 2 years psw visa count for 10 years long residence when someone apply for ILR?.......

Thankx
All u question are answerd here and yes PSW will count towards 10 years as a long residence category.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... chapter18/

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence, 10 years, ILR, psw

Post by Om Puri » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 pm

ash786 wrote:
Om Puri wrote:Hi.....

Thankx
All u question are answerd here and yes PSW will count towards 10 years as a long residence category.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... chapter18/
Thanks for the link.It is really very useful and has got relevant information related to the ILR.

sharda
Newly Registered

10 yrs ILR

Post by sharda » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 am

I have been asking my question to so many so called solicitors since last two months. Unfortunately I could not get any satisfactory answer until now. Would you people believe some of them asked me silly questions about the existence of 10 years rule-I have to tell them? Anyway after being disappointed from them I put my case to YOU ALL. I am 100% sure that I w,ll get solution of my question. I entered the in September 1999 as student...continued my studies , always getting visa extensions in time+ switched to 4 year work permit in April 2005. In April 2009 forwarded application for visa extension switching to student status again because my employer licence application was under process. That is why I applied for student extension sending employer letter with the application as well. Now waiting result of that but now in between I complete exact 10 years in September-qualifying for ILR. What should I do for my self. AND most important part of my query is about my DEPENDANTS. 1-My wife joined me as my dependant in January 2002 since then has been living with me getting visa extensions regular when required. What is her position to apply for ILR?2- ALSO we got three children all born here in the UK ages 6 Yrs+ 9 months; 5YRs+ 6months and 4yrs. All are going to schools as full time students. Two of them have got disability problems-What about these children? I would appreciate any one who can help me FAST. I am getting late to move forward only because of these questions. What application forms to be used for WIFE and CHILDREN? what would be the appropriate fee for them.
A quick response will highly be appreciated.
Thanks
Sharda

sharda
Newly Registered

10 yrs ILR

Post by sharda » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 am

I have been asking my question to so many so called solicitors since last two months. Unfortunately I could not get any satisfactory answer until now. Would you people believe some of them asked me silly questions about the existence of 10 years rule-I have to tell them? Anyway after being disappointed from them I put my case to YOU ALL. I am 100% sure that I w,ll get solution of my question. I entered the in September 1999 as student...continued my studies , always getting visa extensions in time+ switched to 4 year work permit in April 2005. In April 2009 forwarded application for visa extension switching to student status again because my employer licence application was under process. That is why I applied for student extension sending employer letter with the application as well. Now waiting result of that but now in between I complete exact 10 years in September-qualifying for ILR. What should I do for my self. AND most important part of my query is about my DEPENDANTS. 1-My wife joined me as my dependant in January 2002 since then has been living with me getting visa extensions regular when required. What is her position to apply for ILR?2- ALSO we got three children all born here in the UK ages 6 Yrs+ 9 months; 5YRs+ 6months and 4yrs. All are going to schools as full time students. Two of them have got disability problems-What about these children? I would appreciate any one who can help me FAST. I am getting late to move forward only because of these questions. What application forms to be used for WIFE and CHILDREN? what would be the appropriate fee for them.
A quick response will highly be appreciated.
Thanks
Sharda

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 pm

I got ILR on the basis of 10yrs LR
9yrs -student
1yr-PSW

I got my ILR only a few weeks ago at Cryodon PEO. and no questions asked. I didn't take any solicitor.

Therefore PSW is counted for 10yrs LR.

I am not sure why ask the same question again and again. If anyone has any more question I am happy to answer.

Note: make sure you have no gap in any of your extension appl.

destiny999
Newly Registered

ILR based on 10 years stay

Post by destiny999 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi,

My current visa is expiring next year 09/2010.
What I need to know is: can I apply for ILR now because it has been 10 years since I have been in this country (lawful stay) or do I have to wait till next year?

Please advise me.
thank you

tall_funky
BANNED

Re: ILR based on 10 years stay

Post by tall_funky » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:17 pm

destiny999 wrote:Hi,

My current visa is expiring next year 09/2010.
What I need to know is: can I apply for ILR now because it has been 10 years since I have been in this country (lawful stay) or do I have to wait till next year?

Please advise me.
thank you
Yes destiny999, u can apply now.

Regards,
Kash