ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Post by bagula_bhagat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I just came to know that BIC aka Birmingham International College is also one of the dodgy college. A few of the people that I know have got diploma's from the college and successfully got PSW and previous IGS visas.

Please confirm...............

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Hi All,

I just came to know that BIC aka Birmingham International College is also one of the dodgy college. A few of the people that I know have got diploma's from the college and successfully got PSW and previous IGS visas.

I guess that they have been given back their rating since they are listed on the register of sponsors.. check the link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:49 pm

I have to declare an interest, because my wife works for BIC.

As potterbond007 has posted, BIC is on the Register of Sponsors, and given that Tier 4 is incredibly stricter than the old Student Visa regime, there is no doubt that it is properly organised, and certainly not "also one of the dodgy college".
John

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:04 pm

John wrote:I have to declare an interest, because my wife works for BIC.

As potterbond007 has posted, BIC is on the Register of Sponsors, and given that Tier 4 is incredibly stricter than the old Student Visa regime, there is no doubt that it is properly organised, and certainly not "also one of the dodgy college".
I have to confess that i am feeling a bit stupid at the moment.. before i found that bit of information, I myself thought that the college was dodgy and sent them a less than pleasing mail which i am sure they wouldn't have been too happy to read..

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:16 pm

hi..i know one of my close friend who bought diploma from BIC and he is on PSW now:)

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 pm

There was a time when BIC was also involved in issuing fraudulent diplomas and this resulted the suspension of their sponsor license but, due to insufficient proof of fraudulent activities, their sponsorship license was recently reinstated. However, I believe that they are currently on the UKBA watch list and being closely monitored.

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm

hi..i know one of my close friend who bought diploma from BIC and he is on PSW now:)
When was that? Do appreciate that the first BIC company is in liquidation, and the current BIC company is separate.

Also, and this is the relevant fact, BIC does not issue its own diplomas or certificates. That is, it gives tuition and then the students take exams set by outside bodies.

I can't comment upon that happened in the past.
John

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Hmm, I wonder why the OP of the thread below was so "Excited"
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#281716

ash786
BANNED

Re: BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Post by ash786 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Hi All,

1. Do you always look for colleges like CCL or BIC as you seem to be very interested in these threads and do not participate to the rest of of the forum.

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Post by Om Puri » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 pm

John wrote:I have to declare an interest, because my wife works for BIC.

John,

Bagula Bhagat is a dodgy person who bought PGD from ccl and as a result he is trying to put everyone into trouble.I hope it is not tit for tat.

Regards.

Om Puri.

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 am

I am not sure what you mean by tit for tat. Again BIC does not issue its own diplomas or certificates.
John

Om Puri
Newly Registered

Post by Om Puri » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am

John wrote:I am not sure what you mean by tit for tat. Again BIC does not issue its own diplomas or certificates.
John,

As Bagula all the time writes about different colleges, sounds like he runs different colleges and that is why I did write tit for tat.Because his pgd is not valid.I did not mean BIC. I did mean the dodgy person with dodgy pgd.

Regards.

Om.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:39 am

Unfortunately I could not get the PSW but I am fighting the case. Surely I am gonna succeed in high court. I am ready for all kinds of interviews and questions from high court.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 am

bagula_bhagat wrote:Unfortunately I could not get the PSW but I am fighting the case. Surely I am gonna succeed in high court. I am ready for all kinds of interviews and questions from high court.
Dude, you are wasting your time and u know it as well as all the rest of us do.. Almost everyone joining the CCL knew that it was a fake college.. And if you insist that u are a real student from the college and attended "classes" everyday for your "degree".. What was the criteria that u followed to join the college?? Excellent degree?? Great job prospects??.. Great college rating?? Why dont you ask yourself these questions before going into the high court..I bet that it was just an easy way for you to get to britain and earn some cash.. Who else would join these colleges when there are so many Universities in Britain offering a variety of degrees.. There is nothing about the PGD degree or the college that makes it spectacular.. You know why the PSW visa is so hard for the rest of us legitimate students to obtain?? All the fakes out there and that includes your degree and your college.. Keeping fighting in the high court, the supreme court or wherever you want.. you are just wasting your hard earned money on solicitors and lawsuits but then that is your decision and not mine.. so all the best..

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 pm

How would a student know if his/her college or someone from the college is selling diplomas outside. I was there to study to get a PGD and I did it. Now HO busted the racket and putting all students in the same basket does not make any sense.

Money doesn't matter now. Even if I have to go to house of lords, I will give it a shot.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:40 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:How would a student know if his/her college or someone from the college is selling diplomas outside. I was there to study to get a PGD and I did it. Now HO busted the racket and putting all students in the same basket does not make any sense.

Money doesn't matter now. Even if I have to go to house of lords, I will give it a shot.
No... My main question is why did you have to go to a useless college in the first place.. Show me some proof that college has done well in any aspect of education or ever figured in atleast the top 100 of the educational ranking system in the UK !!

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm

For a simple reason.. less fees....

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:17 pm

i think the thread is going somewhere else.........there is really no need to give attention to these attention seeking crooks.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:For a simple reason.. less fees....
Which hence proves my original point.. Easy way to get into britain ( with less money ).. and so u find urself in hot water.. next time i hope u would give more importance to the value of education.. As blackwater suggested, the thread is going someplace else.. so i am signing out..

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 pm

potterbond007 wrote:
bagula_bhagat wrote:For a simple reason.. less fees....
Which hence proves my original point.. Easy way to get into britain ( with less money ).. and so u find urself in hot water.. next time i hope u would give more importance to the value of education.. As blackwater suggested, the thread is going someplace else.. so i am signing out..
You will have to understand that these individuals were never here for the education in the first place, it was all about working over the permitted 20 hours a week doing menial jobs. The "innocent" BB & his acquaintances have all abused the previous vulnerable system and now they are trying to seek avenues to prove themselves innocent to continue abusing the system.

John

Post by John » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Thank goodness, Frontier Mole, that the current Tier 4 regime is distinctly tougher and stricter than the previous Student Visa era.

And as just part of that, and this is of course important to any Sponsor who wants to continue sponsoring Tier 4 students, they will and must report non-attending students to UKBA. I say this because if they don't they are in danger of losing their sponsor licence, which could well lead to their business having to close.
John

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Deported from Airport,

Hi guys,

My friend who was on an IGS from BIC has today been returned back to India from Heathrow airport. I haven't talked to him on lenght at it. I will update as soon as I get more information.

Watch out for this space

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Were the Sky channel people there ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

John

Post by John » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

My friend who was on an IGS from BIC has today been returned back to India from Heathrow airport. I haven't talked to him on lenght at it. I will update as soon as I get more information.
Sorry to hear that. But when you do speak to him, could you establish when the diploma was supposedly issued by BIC?

Also did he ever actually study there, and if so when?

If he didn't study there, but somehow got issued with a diploma, where did he get it from? And is there any evidence that the college knows anything about the diploma, or was someone not connected with the college issuing diplomas in their name?

I shall be very interested to read your answers, especially as the current BIC Limited Company was only incorporated on 20.08.07, says the Companies House record. And as regards the former BIC Limited Company, an Administrator was appointed on 13.12.06, and liquidation of that company will be completed shortly.

So the when question is rather important here.
John

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 am

bagula_bhagat, any answer for us?
John