ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa expiring and degree will be issueing just after 20 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lost30
Newly Registered

visa expiring and degree will be issueing just after 20 days

Post by lost30 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:53 am

Hi All,

Currently I'm on PSW visa and doing my master's degree and I want to apply for PBS General Tier 1 in febraury, 2011 just after finishing my degree. My actual problem is that my visa is expiring on 30th January, 2011 and my degree course will also be finishing on 20th January, 2011 but whereas, degree will going to be awarded on 15th febraury, 2011.
Here my question to all you is:

can I get a letter from my college confirming my personnel details, degree course details and can my college tell the that my degree will be awarded to me on 15th febraury and can I apply for PBS General Tier 1 on the behalf of this letter to claim points for my degree ?
can I also write them a covering letter to explain my situation that why I am doing this and can I tell them that I will send them my degree as soon as I will get it ?
Is this possible or Is there any way that UKBA will consider or accept my case and my points for degree ?

Please, any help regarding this matter, would be very kind.

Regards

lost30

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:46 am

No you cannot. Please see this.

Specifically the ruling states that:
The requirement of paragraph 245Z and paragraphs 51 to 55 of Appendix A of HC 395 as amended is that in order to be entitled to points the applicant must have been awarded the requisite qualification in respect of which points are claimed. It is not sufficient to show that the qualification will be awarded. The language used in the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance in indicating what documents are required as evidence of the award, supports this view.

NiceCareing

Post by NiceCareing » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:36 am

Hi

Talk to your college or uni (degree awarding institution) explain them your situation and request them to issue Degree cert earlier...they in most cases consider request like that after all you have paid full fees you may also ask student union rep for help in this regard or your personal tutor/program leader they usually helpful. You have to talk to people and try Good Luck !

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:23 pm

just a random observation after reading your post....

strictly speaking, you are not supposed to study while on a PSW visa. thats what tier 4 visa is for.... The implication is...your institute cant ask UKBA , on your behalf, to increase the expiry date on your visa....

so your best bet is to convince institute to award you degree BEFORE expiry of your visa.

On the other hand...
It is a bit risky but few things you can do to technically delay your application from being processed is... pay be cheque That would atleast delay it by one week... So the idea is , you submit your application on the day your visa expires.... pay by cheque ... and hope that by the time you send in your degree certificate, they havent actually process your application...

regards