ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misspelled Name

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

godfatherdon

Misspelled Name

Post by godfatherdon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:05 am

Hi all,
I received my biometric(BRP) invitation today and im about to make an appointment during the coming week. My concern is that the name printed on the BRP letter as well as acknowledgement(received 20 days ago) has incorrect lastname. They have failed to print my exact name.

So any suggestion on how to rectify this problem, where & whom should I call to get it corrected??

Also I am applying with my dependent (spouse) for biometrics , so do we couple fall in the family group category ? problem is we dont have any early dates when we try to book together, but if we try to book seperately for the biometrics we get loads of suitable dates. so can we give BRP independently??

chidak

Post by chidak » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am

@godfatherdon, did you call HO when you noticed the misspelt name in your acknowledge letter 20 days ago? They would have corrected it before you receive the biometric invitation. You can still call HO now to find out what you will do. you can also call biometric department customer service.
For your second question, you have option to do your biometrics together in the designated post offices though it isnt free but you will reduce any risk....

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Do you mean the post offices other than the listed ones like Post office biometric enrolment - London (Canning Town), Post office biometric enrolment - London (Camden High Street), Post office biometric enrolment - London (Earl's Court) etc.

Has anyone been through the procedure at these post offices? How long it might take?[/list]

chidak

Re: have u got the visa

Post by chidak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:14 am

Is a work in service. It took me 3mins to have mine done.

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:09 pm

thanks chidak... seems a good safe option.. did u get it done in london ?