ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fail to attend biometric???!!! I didn't!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zchu31e
Newly Registered

Fail to attend biometric???!!! I didn't!!!!!!!

Post by zchu31e » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I did a biometric on early Feb but I just received a letter this morning saying that I failed to attend a biometric appointment. The letter also indicated that I should make a biometric appointment within 15 days from the date of this letter. I called the customer contact center, the lady said I did arrive for my appointment in her record and advised me to call home office.

I called home office. The lady there said I have to redo a biometric because the capture of my fingerprint was..... something. (I'm sorry. She spoke so fast). So I called customer contact center again to make an appointment.

There is no appointment available within 15 days. So I called home office again in order to ask them whether I can do by post instead of the previous office I did last time. Before I asked the question, I just told her (different officer) my story about the letter again. She told me to ignore the letter. So I'm confused so I told her that her colleague told me to redo the biometric. So she said I should redo then.

Anyone ever experience this? I'm afraid that this will affect the result T_T
Please suggest I should do. Thank you so much.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm

contact your MP.

tell him/her that you have been given conflicting advice and REALLY scared about refusal.

hopefully you will get an answer soon. you will need to send him email/letter so do it asap

cheers

zchu31e
Newly Registered

Post by zchu31e » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Arsenal49, thank you very much for your reply.

MP, you mean member of parliament?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Code: Select all

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
yes, your local MP. type your postcode and email him/her

cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Leaving aside the conflicting information you have been given, the 15 days time limit refers to the time in which you need to make the appointment, not the time to attend the appointment, if there is not an appointment within the next 15 days just accept the nearest available appointment.

In the meantime contact UKBA again to clarify the situation.

zchu31e
Newly Registered

Post by zchu31e » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Thank you so much for all the replies. I am so worried.

I don't have much problem redo the fingerprint. It's just that I am scared it will affect my PSW result because they may think (as in the letter) I failed to attend the first appointment. Maybe I think too much :(

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I think to avoid the worry book the nearest appointment and then contact them again to clarify whether it is necessary to attend again.

godfatherdon

ME toooooooooooo

Post by godfatherdon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm

I had the same issue couple of days back.....I was shocked to see the letter....called the HO immediately and was advised to ignore the letter as there was some database update problem........

hope this helps....keep me in loop if u hear anything new from them....... hopefully it wont bother the outcome :roll:

zchu31e
Newly Registered

Post by zchu31e » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Thank you so so much for every suggestions!

zchu31e
Newly Registered

Post by zchu31e » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:05 pm

I contacted Home Office again as I need clarification. The lady told me to write a letter to Home Office Sheffield and not to call again :?