ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application fees still not deducted - URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashcarv
Newly Registered

PSW application fees still not deducted - URGENT

Post by ashcarv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 am

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for a PSW visa from inside the UK, and sent my application on 28 January by special delivery. It was received by Home Office on 30 January, and on 6 February I received an acknowledgment letter from HO, which was dated 31 January.

However, the application fees have still not been deducted. I paid by credit card, and on the UKBA website, it says that credit card payments are processed within 1 working day of the application being received.

I've contacted my bank and was told that HO has not tried to take the money out, so it's not a case of the payment being declined by the bank.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to worry that something's gone wrong with my application. Would I have received an acknowledgment letter even if my payment was unsuccessful?

Any advice? I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am

Did you keep a copy of your payment details?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

I didn't make a copy of the application (I know, I should have... :/ ) but I quadruple-checked everything and my card information was all correct.

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am

Is there someone I should contact about this? I haven't been able to find any avenues of contact on the UKBA website.

I'm really worried that my application will be rejected. If anyone has any insight into this, PLEASE PLEASE let me know! Thank you!

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry to keep posting, but I REALLY need advice on this. I'm very worried something has gone wrong with my payment, and that my application will be invalidated and rejected. My student visa has at this point already expired, which makes things difficult for me now.

Is there a number I can call? I've tried e-mailing the UKBA, as well as telephoning, but I only get machines when I phone - apparently you can't check on an application until after 6 months has passed?

I am begging for some advice - PLEASE!!

Thank you

abhz639
BANNED

hi

Post by abhz639 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. But I haven't received any acknowledgement letter yet. So you are in a much better position than me. If you find out how to reach them, please tell me. I'm also getting transferred to the machine!

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:42 pm

abhz639,

Well I'm sorry you're having the same problem, but it's good to know someone else is in the same boat. When did you submit your app?

abhz639
BANNED

re

Post by abhz639 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 pm

They received my application on Feb 6th. But no money has been deducted from my account till date and no acknowledgement letter either. If you can contact them, please let me know. I don't know how to reach them. If they don't take the payment, it's very likely the application will be rejected!

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 am

Has your fees been deducted yet? If our visa expiresby the time we hear from them, can we reapply from the UK explaining our situation?

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi,

I called the UKBA and made an enquiry on why they haven't deducted my fees. I suggest you do the same before your visa expires.

alimehdi5
Newly Registered

PSW fees

Post by alimehdi5 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi, what response did you get about the payment not been deducted for a long time? As I am having the same issue. My application was delivered on 31st January but still no payment deduction

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 am

My application fee wasn't taken out, because my bank declined the transaction due to anti-fraud security measures. Before I received my rejected application back, I tried e-mailing and phoning the UKBA to ask about why my fees hadn't been deducted, but couldn't get through... maybe someone else knows how to contact the right person. Good luck!

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I've heard that if they don't deduct fees, that usually means your visa is going to get rejected..The UKBA just doesn't reply.. This is frustrating!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Your application may be declared as invalid.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:27 pm

I have the same problem, my application was delivered to the HO on 30 January. I have received the acknowledgement letter but my account hasn't been debited until now, not surprisingly I haven't received the biometric invitation letter either. Checked with the bank and have been told that it doesn't show up on their system therefore it's highly unlikely that the payment was declined due to anti-fraud.

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm glad someone else is in the same situation. Do you know how to find out what happened?

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Also, when did u receive the acknowledgement letter?

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 pm

I received the acknowledgement letter on the 3rd (letter dated February 1).

I'm waiting until after 4 weeks have passed, then will try to call UKBA.

Also forgot to tell my visa also expired in the meantime. So a bit nervous...

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

My visa is also expiring after 9 days..I've made an enquiry as to why they haven't taken the fees, but haven't got any reply.. Also no acknowledgement letter..

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Update: My documents have been returned together with a letter saying that the application was deemed invalid due to not being able to process the payment (apparently I haven't signed the payment page - though I was sure I did).

My visa has run out now, so I can't make a fresh application. Is there way to send the same application with a new payment page (I won't do debit card this time!)? Any advice? Many thanks.

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Update: Got my acknowledgement letter dated Feb 8th today..

Let me know what you decide to do right now, as I may suffer the same fate as you..

divine_
Newly Registered

Post by divine_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I am going to re-apply together with a cover letter explaining the circumstances. Sending a cheque instead this time... Hope it works.

I wish instead of trying once and sending the whole application back, they contacted the applicant via one of the routes (mail, email, telephone) and asked for an alternative method of payment.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am

divine_ don't forget that as your photos are probably now more than a month old you should get new ones, and you may also need to get more recent bank statments if the closing balance is more than a month ago.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 am

divine_ wrote:Update: My documents have been returned together with a letter saying that the application was deemed invalid due to not being able to process the payment (apparently I haven't signed the payment page - though I was sure I did).

My visa has run out now, so I can't make a fresh application. Is there way to send the same application with a new payment page (I won't do debit card this time!)? Any advice? Many thanks.
Hence, the importance of keeping a copy of your submitted application.

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 pm

But even if you keep a copy of your app, you still have to re-apply...Difficult to argue with them..