ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing method of payment after submitting application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Changing method of payment after submitting application?

Post by RandomPasserby » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am

I sent my PSW application a few days ago, but when I lost the card I used to make the payment in the form. I had to cancel it and ask for a new one, which means my application will be invalid (most likely the new one will have a different CVV, or they'll try and fail to get payment while the new one is processing).

While I could wait for them to return my documents and then attempt to resend them with the proper payment, it occurs to me that I could make things go faster by sending the same payment by cheque, with a covering letter explaining what happened. Or should I call them and explain first? I have no idea what their number is anyway.

Has anyone had to do something like this, or heard of such a thing? What are the chances of my account getting charged twice? Am I worrying too much?

abhz639
BANNED

Post by abhz639 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:31 am

This happened to me too. My lawyer suggested that I ask for my documents to be returned and re-submit the application with a covering letter. That's what I did, without adding anything extra.

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I see. And what happened after that, have they acknowledged it and taken the payment?

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm

They returned my documents to me and said the application was "invalid." What kinds of things did you write in your covering letter?

saikuteer
Newly Registered

Post by saikuteer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 pm

hello. This happened to me too... I haven't even received ma acknowledgement. As i am out of time now... Instead of waiting for the documents to be returned is there any way to opt for the other payment method... Can u please help me with this.Is there any way to contact the UKBA and explain the situation so that they can request for the alternative payment method.

saikuteer
Newly Registered

Post by saikuteer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 pm

thank you.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 am

Good luck! :)