ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

husband on eea fp surinder singh

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xdaniix89

husband on eea fp surinder singh

Post by xdaniix89 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 am

Hi all. We applied for myAlbanian husbands 5 year residence card end of Jan. Got coa in Feb. I'm British.

My question is... When we arrived in UK I signed on for job seekers allowance. Because I'm pregnant and had some medical problems that meant I could only do certain jobs and only part time they advised my husband sign on instead and claim for both of us as he would be the main bread winner anyway! So we did that, he then found temp work and when that finished reopened claim but found a job after just 2 weeks.
so all in all he claimed 3 weeks jsa.

I claim child tax credits (as a couple) for our son and when I told them my husband has found a job they said he's now eligible for working tax credits but im worried claiming this could affect his application for citizenship etc later on. Also, could the jobseekers affect his recent RC application?

Thanks, Danielle.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 am

Just to add...i realse there are no restrictions as such as he doesn't have the 'no resource to public funds' on his permit but didn't know if when it comes to an IO's decision, it could look bad and go against him? X

Superhappy
Newly Registered

Post by Superhappy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I do not think him claiming for an amount of time short as such could impact the application for citizenship. If his documentation is arranged in accordance with any paperwork related to his employment as well as the claims, it seems explainable to any official who will handle this.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 am

ideally the british citizen would make the claim... - however, the fact remains, its your role in the other eea member state which gets your husband PR... not the activity in the UK...

he just needs to work for 5 years, and live here legally with you.

claim tax credits, this is a legal right you have... it shouldnt preclude PR. :)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 am

There is no requirement for the husband to work.

xdaniix89

Post by xdaniix89 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am

Ok thank you everyone x