ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Child Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

woolies

Spouse Visa and Child Tax Credit

Post by woolies » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 am

Hello all members,

My first post here, done a bit of search here and there but couldn't find anything helpful, so I though I post here.

I am British national and my wife is on spouse visa, recently we were blessed with our first baby, I am currently working as a full time and my current salary is 19,500 gross, I had applied for Child benefit and Child tax credit on joint names.

my question is: Will it effect my wife spouse visa extension as it stated " no recourse to public funds" but as being a British national can I apply under my name. recently they requested more information like wife national insurance number. but my wife don't have NI number as she will not be working due to language factor and also will be looking after our baby.

Thanks for all your replies

Regards

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa and Child Tax Credit

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:39 am

In order not to affect your wife's future visa application, child benefit should be claimed in your name only and tax credits in joint names.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.