ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit problem

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manahil
Newly Registered

Child Benefit problem

Post by Manahil » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi i would like to ask about something. Im from eea and my partner is pakistani his case is in HO so we waiting for decission and he has no right to work in the UK. So he doesnt work .... Me either ....we have two children one is 6 months and another one 5 years old and in september she goes to reception class. So my question is if in that case i am primary carer of child in full time education? And if i apply for Child Benefit is there a chance that we get it? Thank you

Petaltop

Re: Child Benefit problem

Post by Petaltop » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 am

Manahil wrote:Hi i would like to ask about something. Im from eea and my partner is pakistani his case is in HO so we waiting for decission and he has no right to work in the UK. So he doesnt work .... Me either ....we have two children one is 6 months and another one 5 years old and in september she goes to reception class. So my question is if in that case i am primary carer of child in full time education? And if i apply for Child Benefit is there a chance that we get it? Thank you
How are you, the EEA national, exercising your treaty rights in the UK?

John

Post by John » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:43 am

Im from eea and my partner is pakistani
Are the two of you married? That is, legally married?

If not married then how long have the two of you lived together?
John

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am

Manahil wrote:Hi i would like to ask about something. Im from eea and my partner is pakistani his case is in HO so we waiting for decission and he has no right to work in the UK. So he doesnt work .... Me either ....we have two children one is 6 months and another one 5 years old and in september she goes to reception class. So my question is if in that case i am primary carer of child in full time education? And if i apply for Child Benefit is there a chance that we get it? Thank you
If I may ask, where you ever a migrant worker before the child went into education? Have you at anytime worked in the UK?

The leaning of the CJEU, is that you may not be entitled to Child benefit if you do not have right of Residence in the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Manahil
Newly Registered

Post by Manahil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:54 pm

hi i have worked for 4 months ...but cos i have noone who could look after my daughter i had to leave my job. no we are not legally married ...we have only religious marriage......for now i have jsa ...but waiting for new decision and im not sure if i get positive response

Manahil
Newly Registered

Post by Manahil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:55 pm

we are together almost 2 years.....