ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

calming benefits and extension

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

toqeer90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

calming benefits and extension

Post by toqeer90 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

dear sir/madam

I'm on spouse visa and wife is british citizen and we have a daughter as well (she is british also). me and my wife earning £21000 a year. also my wife calming child benefit and child tax credit. now my question is I'm applying for my extension in next 2 months but the thing is does those two benefits affect my visa?

though we both earning more than £18600 a year

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: calming benefits and extension

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 pm

No problem if CB is claimed in your wife's name only and tax credits claimed in JOINT NAMES.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

toqeer90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by toqeer90 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 pm

well i don't want to put my name.. if its alright if she is calming both benefits. (CB and CTC)?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 pm

toqeer90 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 pm
well i don't want to put my name.. if its alright if she is calming both benefits. (CB and CTC)?
No. It would be a fraudulent claim if your name is excluded from the tax credit application :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

toqeer90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by toqeer90 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 am

Hi but on my visa it’s said “no public funds”

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 am

toqeer90 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 am
Hi but on my visa it’s said “no public funds”
See page 8 in the link below, it is NOT considered public funds if claimed JOINTLY. It is as requirement (mandatory) to claim child tax credits in JOINT names. It is not about you not wanting to put your name on the claim. Claiming as a single person, your spouse is claiming fraudulently as she is stating that she is a SINGLE parent, which they are not. Child benefit in spouse name ONLY though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v13.0.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

toqeer90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by toqeer90 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am

Alright thank you