ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afridi786
Newly Registered

Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Post by afridi786 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi sir I have British passport and two kids who have British passport Mrs on flr m due for indefinite in 2019. Can I apply for benefits? Does she still need £18,600 income for indefinite in 2019? I’m currently on CTS. We both work earning 10k each. Is it ok if she leaves work? Please reply
Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits - wife on FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am

Can I apply for benefits?
You can claim what you qualify for based on your circumstances. Child benefit must be in YOUR name only and Child Tax Credits MUST be in JOINT names with your spouse. If you claim housing benefits, it will be single+child rates but the total household income will be taken into account to calculate what you might be able to get. Benefits Calculator (click)
Does she still need £18,600 income for indefinite in 2019?
Yes she does and evidence of it.
I’m currently on CTS.
What is 'CTS'??
We both work earning 10k each. Is it ok if she leaves work?
Members on the forum can't tell you what is best for you. Your wife cannot claim benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks for your help John. Sorry John I meant Child Tax Credit CTC.

While you here John could I apply for Housing Benefit asmy wife due ILR in end of 2019?

P.S applying for a council house would that affect my Mrs? With two daughters I presume would only be allowed 1 bedroom? As my wife under immigration rule 5 years partner visa ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 am

Thanks for your help John. Sorry John I meant Child Tax Credit CTC.
Are you claiming Child Tax Credits in JOINT names with your spouse?
While you here John could I apply for Housing Benefit asmy wife due ILR in end of 2019?

I am NOT John! You can claim what you are entitled to based on your household income. You will only get single rate. How much you could get also depends on the property you live, i.e shared house, flat etc.
P.S applying for a council house would that affect my Mrs? With two daughters I presume would only be allowed 1 bedroom? As my wife under immigration rule 5 years partner visa ?
Long waiting lists for council houses (some people have been on the lists for years), so good luck with that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 pm

If you claim housing benefits, it will be single+child rates but the total household income will be taken into account to calculate what you might be able to get.

>>want to know, if my child also have NRPF no recourse to public funds, born in india, then HB will be single rate + child rate or just single rate>>

Thanks
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am
Can I apply for benefits?
You can claim what you qualify for based on your circumstances. Child benefit must be in YOUR name only and Child Tax Credits MUST be in JOINT names with your spouse. If you claim housing benefits, it will be single+child rates but the total household income will be taken into account to calculate what you might be able to get. Benefits Calculator (click)
Does she still need £18,600 income for indefinite in 2019?
Yes she does and evidence of it.
I’m currently on CTS.
What is 'CTS'??
We both work earning 10k each. Is it ok if she leaves work?
Members on the forum can't tell you what is best for you. Your wife cannot claim benefits.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm

paru.org wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 pm
If you claim housing benefits, it will be single+child rates but the total household income will be taken into account to calculate what you might be able to get.

>>want to know, if my child also have NRPF no recourse to public funds, born in india, then HB will be single rate + child rate or just single rate>>

Thanks
Useful to rather start your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread.

YOU claim and NOT the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)