ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming 30 free child care spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t0mmy

claiming 30 free child care spouse visa

Post by t0mmy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Hello,

I am a british citizen and my non-eu wife is on spouse visa(flr(M)). Can we claim the 30 hours free child care. We both work.

One of the rules say: we can apply if the spouse is from outside the EEA and their UK residence card says they can access public funds.

However her resident card does not specify such.

Does spouse visa holders generally can avail the free 30 hours child care. Or I can just claim the 15 hours free childcare(in my name) till my wife gets her ilr/citizenship sorted.

t0mmy

Re: claiming 30 free child care spouse visa

Post by t0mmy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 pm

http://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informati ... funds.aspx states the following:

'A parent who has leave to remain with the NRPF condition cannot apply for the additional hours of childcare. This means that families will not be able to access this scheme where a single parent or both parents have leave to remain with NRPF.

However, if the parent with NRPF has a partner who is a British citizen, EEA national, or is from outside of the EEA and has recourse to public funds, for example, indefinite leave to remain, then the partner may apply. Both must meet the standard requirements as listed above.'

does this means that parents - where the father is a british citizen and mother with a 'no recourse to public fund' immigration visa(like flrm) cannot avail the 30 hours childcare option. I am confused about that the partner with no immigration control can still apply. However for the claim to work both parents have to work and be qualified with both having access to public funds . Can someone guide me here.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:03 am

I wanted to enquire about this as well as it is not clear on the gov website.

https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childc ... 907e279bf9

Your nationality

You will not be eligible if you’re from outside the EEA and your UK residence card says you cannot access public funds.

Your partner can apply instead if they’re from:

the UK or EEA
outside the EEA and their UK residence card says they can access public funds

Does that mean that if one parent is british and if both are working you will be elegible for 30 hours for 3 year old kids?

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:25 am

I have yet to find a clear answer to this. I am not currently claiming 30 hours(just 15 hours).
I hope someone can give a clear direction.