ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

universal credit eligibility

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Meesha

universal credit eligibility

Post by Meesha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:52 am

Hi all,
I have got citizenship following a Tier1 Entrepreneur Visa. I still am working for my company which is in loss and i am writing grant application to get funds to expand my research from Scottish enterprise which could take 6 months to 1 year. Meantime i am looking for jobs too. My husband was working full time but now has started full time degree for next 2 years. I have 3 kids who all are attending primary school and are going to paid breakfast and after school clubs. Can you please assist me with the followings:

1. Can i apply for universal credit?

2. I have money in my business account >£6000. Do i need to declare it if i can apply?

3. I have savings other than business bank account which are almost £7000 in total. How will it affect my claim?

Many Thanks in advance

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: universal credit eligibility

Post by JB007 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Meesha wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:52 am
1. Can i apply for universal credit?

2. I have money in my business account >£6000. Do i need to declare it if i can apply?

3. I have savings other than business bank account which are almost £7000 in total. How will it affect my claim?
All savings/capital etc, in any country, must be declared and it is benefit fraud if you do not. They also look back at your accounts to see of money has been disposed of to claim benefits as that is deprivapation of capital to get benefits, where they can treat your benefit claim as if you still have that money.

Any loans/grants your husband has/could have, is also included in the claim, even if he decides not to take these.