ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child and working tax credit on parent route

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dilto119
Maldives

Child and working tax credit on parent route

Post by dilto119 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Can parents on parent route due to ex-stateless British children apply for child tax credit or working tax credit? On BRP it says no access to public funds though. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child and working tax credit on parent route

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:42 pm

If you have ho recourse to public funds, then no.

You would have to write to HO and request the restriction to be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. After reading the section of public funds on letter I received with my BRP, someone said I'm eligible to some sort of payments from the government but did not know exactly what they are. Could you please check the below attached photo of that section of the letter and explain me what I'm entitled to please? Many thanks.
Photo of letter - www.bit.ly/HOletter

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 am

dilto119 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:17 pm
Thank you for taking time to answer my question. After reading the section of public funds on letter I received with my BRP, someone said I'm eligible to some sort of payments from the government but did not know exactly what they are. Could you please check the below attached photo of that section of the letter and explain me what I'm entitled to please? Many thanks.
Photo of letter - www.bit.ly/HOletter
That is talking about -
Countries that have a reciprocal agreement with the UK e.g. as some countries have with the UK for Child Benefit.
or
Contribution Based benefits - where you have paid National Insurance Contributions to the UK during the relevant required tax years. Contribution based benefits are not Public Funds

Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credits are means tested benefits and are Public funds. These are two of the benefits that have been replaced by the means tested benefit Universal Credit and that is a Public Fund too.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 am

Many thanks for your explanation. So there's nothing they can do for us in this hard period I guess.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 pm

(A) You cant claim tax credits anymore it’s Universal Credit,
(B) As Casa states, you can request that the restrictions on your leave are removed by completing form NRPF10.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Thank you. Can anybody request access to public funds from home office or is there any requirements to be qualified to apply?

dilto119
Maldives

Post by dilto119 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi, is there any change to “no access to public funds” during the corona period? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:07 pm

dilto119 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:56 pm
Hi, is there any change to “no access to public funds” during the corona period? Thank you.
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Dear CR001,

Would this "NRPF10" form be a service that I would need to pay a solicitor to deal with or can people do it themselves?

Your help is much appreciated!

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:42 pm
If you have ho recourse to public funds, then no.

You would have to write to HO and request the restriction to be removed.

dilto119
Maldives

is homeoffice shut?

Post by dilto119 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi,
I have applied to get NRPF removed from my visa and been waiting for months, but haven't heard anything from them so far. My situation is getting worse day by day. My son is a british citizen (due to 5 year stateless route). Is the home office shut due to the virus and opening any soon? Is there any way that I can inquire about my application? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:31 pm

No they are not. However they have been dealing with priority issues such as people stuck in the UK with expired or expiring visas unable to travel due to restrictions and getting British citizens back from abroad.

There are delays in all aspects of applications since mid march.
Char (CR001 not Casa)