ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit Claim joint Claim BRP remarks Blank

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Universal Credit Claim joint Claim BRP remarks Blank

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi if anyone can advise me

does my wife have access to public funds as previous on her card it said No access to public funds.

When I applied during lockdown for her 3rd extension In June 2020 application was successful but on her BRP card where it says remarks its Blank for some reason does that mean she has Access to public funds im confused

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Re: Universal Credit Claim joint Claim BRP remarks Blank

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:17 pm

As you can see the Brp card section is blank
Attachments
IMG_20211217_231644.jpg
IMG_20211217_231644.jpg (370 KiB) Viewed 2572 times

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Likely an error. Your posts state that your wife is on her 3rd visa for the 10 years route as your don't earn the £18,600 between you as only you work. Therefore she is subject to immigration control.

When she can have public funds and can have Universal Credit through your joint claim, she will be required to work as it's not just a case of getting more benefit money. Unlike the Tax Credit welfare benefit that Universal Credit is replacing for exisitng claimants too, on UC both parents are expected to work to keep their children.
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/you ... sibilities

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:44 pm

How do I find out if she have NRPF or acccess to PF

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:50 pm

I cant find the decision letter I think I read she has the right to benefits cause of what covid has done to people.

Where can I find the information if she has access to public funds or not do I phone the home office to send the letter decision letter again or they can tell me over the phone by providing the brp card number.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:50 pm
I cant find the decision letter I think I read she has the right to benefits cause of what covid has done to people.
I've not read that. I would be interested in reading your letter.

That doesn't make sense-
-The Supreme Court and the European court has recently ruled that some EEA citizens (and therefore their family members) living in the UK on pre-settled status, cannot have Universal Credit. Those rulings ends several other welfare benefits for these too, not just UC.

-Also, during the pandemic, many UC claimants who had been self employed, got less money as they were caught by the benefit cap (for those who don't work).

-And the Minimum income floor for the self employed claiming UC, has also ended.

You wife is subject to immigration control and unlike the old welfare benefit called Tax Credit, where you could have taken the second adult element (extra benefit money) for your NRFP if you both earned less than about 18k between you, Universal Credit does not allow extra benefit money for a NRPF partner.

Your posts show you are still in the same job and that your wife still doesn't work (stays at home to look after the children). That's why I pointed out when she can have Universal Credit, she will also have to work to keep the children too. Or you could work her required income for her. Universal Credit is all about making work pay and these changes started to be thought of several governments ago: about 2008.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:30 am

JB007 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am
-And the Minimum income floor for the self employed claiming UC, has also ended.
What I meant to say was that the MIF for the self employed, that was suspended during the pandemic, is now back again. The MIF is what their UC monthly benefit amount is calculated on, even if they didn't earn that much. If they earn more than the MIF, then the UC claim is calculated on that higher earnings instead.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:35 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:50 pm
... do I phone the home office to send the letter decision letter again or they can tell me over the phone by providing the brp card number.
Good idea. Perhaps ask them if the no entryies under "Remarks" was an error on her BRP, because your wife is subject to immigration control and has always been No Recourse to Public Funds?

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:24 am

Where can I find the desicion letter for the current visa who do I contact so I can be 100%

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:24 pm

One of my work colleague said his brother has an BRP card which on the back its blank which he told me your entitled to benefits that means can someone confirm this if anyone is entitled to benefits please i have checked everywhere no information on it.

I have today reported this problem to the home office to see if its an error they made
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:29 pm

They have responded its not an error they are unable to assist me.

I dont have the decision letter where can I get that letter.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your enquiry.

We regret to advise you that the BRP Error Team are unable to assist with this particular enquiry.

You will now need to contact your case worker directly. Details of your case work team can be found on the decision letter.

Please do not return the BRP at this point.

Kind Regards,

Xxxx

BRP Error Team

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Im again stuck

Using this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n#detailed

It says Coronavirus (COVID-19): Disruption to this service

Due to the current situation, we can only provide data listed on our basic request service. We cannot supply any information if it is held on paper until further notice. You will only be able to make basic requests for information that we hold electronically.

We are temporarily accepting copies of photo ID, that have not been certified, accompanied by official documentation showing your address, for example, a bank statement or utility bill.

I can not get request copy of decision letter as it falls under specific request only basic request is available at the moment.

My wife wasnt selected at the time for photo to be taken at home for biometrics thats why she cant access her immigration details digitally in furture applications she can access her immigration details only.

I know only selected amount of people were selected at the time during lockdown I think government was always going to implement that even if we wasnt in lockdown or not as it saves government money rather then issuing BRP cards and paper work it works better for us we don't need to worry about loosing stuff.

Some people might know BRP cards wont be issued from 1st of January 2025 as it will be proving your status digitally and any documents for example decision letter will be online

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:28 am

A ten year route can give access to public funds, particularly if there are children, as the home office have a statutory duty under section 55 of the 2009 Act to consider the welfare of any children as a primary function of their decision making. If the remarks are blank it would indicate you can access public funds.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:55 am

Im just surprised that my wife has acess to benefits on her third extension for some reason which we haven't been told why they gave access to public funds on which grounds just says she have access to benefits when I read her decision letter last time in july which I have seem to lost now.