ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Tax Credit and marriage visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hcronje
Newly Registered

Working Tax Credit and marriage visa

Post by hcronje » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm

My husband is from South Africa and has just gained his 2 year marriage visa. I'm currently studying at university and am no longer in employment, my husband does however work 30 hours a week, but recieves only around £9000 p.a. I was wondering if anyone knows whether we can now apply for working tax credit, as although it says he shouldnt have access to public funds I have read somewhere that if you are claiming as a household it does not matter which person is working, even if its the one subject to immigration control? I dont want any claims we make to affect his ILR application in 2 years. Thanks very much

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:30 pm

You are right you are entitled to claim tax credits but do it in joint name.No problem when you come to ILR.