ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

david1955
- thin ice -

Unrestricted Cos

Post by david1955 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 am

Hi my employer made a renewal of our Unrestricted Cos for this year on 9 of may 2012. Its passed more than 2 months , still the request for Cos stands oustanding in the sponsorship management system. We did contacted ukba sposnsorship management team and they says they have recieved our request but could not give an indication as how long will it take for our unrestricted COS allocation.
I have some time left on my visa renewal which is due in november. Can anyone please guide as what can be done in this situation. and is there anyone having similar experience?

Regards

ech
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS

Post by ech » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm in the same situation, my unrestricted COS was applied for on 11 June and nothing yet.

Sorry I have no answer for you, any info on the timelines could be helpful

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 am

Currently CoS allocations can take 2-3 months.
Within one month of the expiry of a migrant's visa to whom the CoS woud be assigned the employer could make a request for urgent treatment.

david1955
- thin ice -

Re: Unrestricted COS

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 am

ech wrote:I'm in the same situation, my unrestricted COS was applied for on 11 June and nothing yet.

anyone recently got Unrestricted COS request approved, please share your timelines

khans

Post by khans » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am

Their are no strict timeline for this. However if the migrant's leave is due to expire in 4 weeks time and the COS has not been allocated yet the employer can make a request for treating the case as urgent. In this case UKBA will ask for a copy of your passport and current leave to remain as proof of your urgency claim.

magelenn

Re: Unrestricted COS

Post by magelenn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:23 pm

david1955 wrote:
ech wrote:I'm in the same situation, my unrestricted COS was applied for on 11 June and nothing yet.

anyone recently got Unrestricted COS request approved, please share your timelines
David, my sponsor applied for CoS on the 26th of March 2012 and we got it on the 16th of April 2012

yuchango
Newly Registered

Post by yuchango » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Currently CoS allocations can take 2-3 months. Image

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:10 pm

yuchango wrote:Currently CoS allocations can take 2-3 months. Image
well i am already into the 11th week and still no reply

ech
Newly Registered

COS Allocations

Post by ech » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Mine was applied for on the 11th June but have not heard anything yet. Employer has requested urgent treatment as my visa expires on the 6th of Aug but still nothing yet.

I have 2 options it the COS is not appproved next week

1. To post my application without the COS (risking refusal)
2. To wait till the COS is approved but that will make me an overstayer

both options are not very good, does anyone have advice on which direction to take?

david1955
- thin ice -

Re: COS Allocations

Post by david1955 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

ech wrote:Mine was applied for on the 11th June but have not heard anything yet. Employer has requested urgent treatment as my visa expires on the 6th of Aug but still nothing yet.

I have 2 options it the COS is not appproved next week

1. To post my application without the COS (risking refusal)
2. To wait till the COS is approved but that will make me an overstayer

both options are not very good, does anyone have advice on which direction to take?
if you dont get COS, Submit the application wIthout the COS before the visa expires. Attach a covering letter explaining the situation. As this is a delay from UKBA side and not yours or your employer and you should be fine

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks very much David

I have another qtn
So if I send my application without the COS when I eventually get the COS approved I should complete the change of circumstances form and send it together with the COS reference number and hope and pray that the caseworker will be able to link my initial application with the additional information sent separately. Is that correct?

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 am

ech wrote:Thanks very much David

I have another qtn
So if I send my application without the COS when I eventually get the COS approved I should complete the change of circumstances form and send it together with the COS reference number and hope and pray that the caseworker will be able to link my initial application with the additional information sent separately. Is that correct?
On the other hand , you can ask your employer to call ukba over the phone and request for urgent treatment.

I am not sure how you submit the COS later . But i was in the same situation like you in the past, but it was my solicitor who did everything but dont know how they did it.

Can you also confirm r u making an extension application or you are switching into tier 2 general?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks for the prompt response David

My employer has already requested for urgent treatment on wednesday and was told by UKBA that the application is now in red in their system (whatever that's supposed to mean :) ).

Its an extension application, employer and employment terms still the same.

So you suggest I get the advice of a solicitor if I get to the point of sending my application without COS initially.

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

ech wrote:Thanks for the prompt response David

My employer has already requested for urgent treatment on wednesday and was told by UKBA that the application is now in red in their system (whatever that's supposed to mean :) ).

Its an extension application, employer and employment terms still the same.

So you suggest I get the advice of a solicitor if I get to the point of sending my application without COS initially.
I think you will get your COS allocated before your visa expiry, as UKBA treat urgent cases fairly well. In case you want to take advice from solicitor , the solicitor who handled my case are uk work permits www.uk-wp.com, they are very good.

Just keep your application ready and it could be you can get COS anytime.

Can you also confirm what documents are you submitting with your application?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 am

You're really helpful David, thanks for that (calming my nerves actually)

I will be applying with 2 dependants (spouse and child) and will send the following documents:

1. The ID docs (passports with visa)
2. Photos
3. Birth cerficate for child (born in UK)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Bank statements for 3 months (for dependants maintanance funds)
6. 3 months payslips for proof of working
7. Council tax bill ( proof of living together with spouse)
8. Degree certificate ( for English language) - not sure if its necessary as I submitted for my initial application
9. Cover letter from employer if the COS is not out at time of application

What do you think, are these documents enough?

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 am

ech wrote:You're really helpful David, thanks for that (calming my nerves actually)

I will be applying with 2 dependants (spouse and child) and will send the following documents:

1. The ID docs (passports with visa)
2. Photos
3. Birth cerficate for child (born in UK)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Bank statements for 3 months (for dependants maintanance funds)
6. 3 months payslips for proof of working
7. Council tax bill ( proof of living together with spouse)
8. Degree certificate ( for English language) - not sure if its necessary as I submitted for my initial application
9. Cover letter from employer if the COS is not out at time of application

What do you think, are these documents enough?
Cant see anything missing, but its also good to have a letter from your employer confirming employment although not compulsory.

DEGREE certificate not required , as you have already proved in your first application

Rest everthing looks OK.

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks , get one sorted

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:26 am

ech wrote:Thanks , get one sorted
have you got COS allocated or not ?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:32 am

No, not yet...still waiting

sha23

time line for cos, if sponsor has license for ICT

Post by sha23 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 am

hi All,

If my sponsor has ICT license already, how much time it takes for a new cos in unrestricted category? 2-3 months is still there? please let me know the same...my Cos came initially, but my sponsor wrongly typed my salary and now it seems they woould need to apply for fresh cos. please confirm this urgently please on the new cos timelines

david1955
- thin ice -

Re: time line for cos, if sponsor has license for ICT

Post by david1955 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 am

sha23 wrote:hi All,

If my sponsor has ICT license already, how much time it takes for a new cos in unrestricted category? 2-3 months is still there? please let me know the same...my Cos came initially, but my sponsor wrongly typed my salary and now it seems they woould need to apply for fresh cos. please confirm this urgently please on the new cos timelines
At the moment no timelines, as i have been waiting for 3 months already and still no allocation. But you can request a urgent request for COS if you have 2 weeks left in your visa expiry.

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 am

ech wrote:No, not yet...still waiting
Hi ech, any reply for your COS?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Not yet, I have actually asked my HR to draft a cover letter which I will include on my application. If the COS isn't approved on thursday I plan to post the application on Friday with or without the COS. Will c how it goes

Do you know if special delivery by Royal mail is considered courier or normal post. Trying to figure out what my application date will be if I post the app on Friday?

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:23 pm

david1955 wrote:
Hi ech, any reply for your COS?
David have you received your CoS yet?

david1955
- thin ice -

Post by david1955 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 pm

magelenn wrote:
david1955 wrote: