ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 General switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkojha
inactive

ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 General switch

Post by mkojha » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am

Hi, I have a ICT Tier 2 established staff visa valid from July 2010 till next year sponsored by my current employer.

presently I am away from UK and in between got an offer from another employer in UK who is ready to sponsor me under Tier 2 general category.

Is it mandatory for me to be within UK when the sponsorship / switch from ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 general is happening?

Please can you help?

Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 pm

You should apply from within the UK otherwise you will be subject to the 12 month cooling-off period.

For switching from within the UK you will need an unrestricted CoS from the new sponsor.

Jeeves

Re: ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 General switch

Post by Jeeves » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

mkojha wrote:
presently I am away from UK and in between got an offer from another employer in UK who is ready to sponsor me under Tier 2 general category.
Are you still working for your sponsor? If not you may have a problem re-entering the UK if your visa has been curtailed in your absence.