ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-license visit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rumi23
Newly Registered

Pre-license visit

Post by rumi23 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi All,
Today we had a pre-license visit in our company. And unfortunately our HR manager was not ready to meet a situation like that. He was out of office and returned immediately once he was called to attend them. But he was unable to satisfy them with appropriate answer regarding record keeping, contract maintaining with a migrant worker (As this is the first time they had a migrant worker). But took all details of current employees.
I had a small interview with them as well. They took my BRP details, payslip details, copy of my Degree certificate and asked about my whole UK life history.
Can anybody tell me what will happens next and how long it may take to hear back from them? If they rate the company company B, what have to do? Will the company be able to sponsor me after paying the action plan fees? (I am on PSW).
My current salary is £18950 but my HR manager said to them i was offered £30000 for my new role once we receive sponsorship. Will it be a problem as they can see i am being paid £18900 p/a for last 18 months
advice would be highly appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 am

Your questions are answered in the T2 sponsor guidance (except the timeline):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Read para 135 onwards

As regards interviewing you the UKBA inspectors were checking if the company is not employing illegal migrants and that they keep proper records of the migrants they employ. If you have valid PSW leave you are not an illegal migrant and your salary is not relevant in this context.

See also http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... l-working/
about employers' duties to prevent illegal working

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:31 pm

My company applied sponsor license for me back in April 2012 - We received a sponsor license in Sep 2012 without any visit or checks - to date UKBA has not asked us anything and we have A* rating.

I think they only do this for less known or suspicious employers.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Their visits are random. If they ascribe a B rating then the sponsor won't be able to issue you a CoS unless they have improved their systems in line with an imposed action plan.

ayesha.aykhan

Re: Pre-license visit

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi Rumi,

Can you please let me know that what happened with your sponsorship licence application ??
I am also waiting for decision after pre licence visit.

Thanks

dxbtouk
Mood:

Post by dxbtouk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi there guys , seems am at right place for your valuable suggestions . I have applied for a Tier.2 Sponsorship Licence for my Small IT Consultancy . I have filed application on 16th of May 2017 and waiting for the Pre-Licensing visit from Home Office .

Can you please give me a rough timescales on how long will Home Office might take to make a visit since launching the application and how many weeks did it take for your organisations please ? As well as , what are the possible questions / things that they would be looking at .

I have 2 people in my company including me and 1 voluntary worker as well . 1 Authorizing officer who is acting as a HR Director and I am the IT Director . I would be really grateful if you guys can please share some of your knowledge . Thanks .

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:45 pm