ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW dependent apply for tier 2 with in the uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi,
Please help me to answer these question.
My wife is on PSW dependent visa in the uk and she got master degree from Pakistan, one company want to sponsor her but not sure about Pakistan degree. If she get Cos letter from employer can she apply for tier 2 visa with in the uk or she need to apply from Pakistan . I confirm from uk Naric her Pakistan degree is equal to uk bachelor degree. Please tell me can she apply on Pakistan degree with in the uk? Please please reply. Thanks

MaheshGMS
Newly Registered

Post by MaheshGMS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 am

Yes She can switch while she is in UK. Degrees from the listed Universities are eligible. You can use Self Assessment calculator on the UKBA website in order to check if her degree from the university she studied qualifies or not. If the Points calculator does not give points then she may have to take up English Language Test and submit the Original test Certificate along with her application. She has to pass as per the Level of English that is required for the type of visa she is applying.

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks for your valuable reply. I just check point calculator is giving zero marks on English level on Pakistan degree. But I am still confused that my wife is my dependent as PSW dependent , can she switch from PSW dependent to tier 2 with in the uk. Please send me any link where it is written than I can refer that statement when my wife apply for tier 2 visa with in the uk. Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Your wife cannot switch from PBS Dependant to T2G (note: switching means changng immigration status from within the UK). She would have to apply from her home country and will need a restricted CoS.

She would also need to score 10 points for English and if according to the online points calculator she cannot do so on the basis of her degree she will have to do it another way.

Why does she want to switch anyway? As a PBS Dependant she is free to work in the UK (unless she is a doctor or dentist in training).

moh.moh

Post by moh.moh » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks for reply. She want to switch because current visa is expiring in few months. If my wife get tier 2 than as a dependent I will get full time work right as well.
English level B2 test will be good to show english proficiency or not?
Please tell me what is the meaning of restricted Cos . Please reply.
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:14 pm

only level B1 English is required, so B2 is OK.

Restricted CoSs are required for applications for entry clearance. The sponsor has to apply to the HO for restricted CoSs and if the application is made on or before the 5th of a month the decision is available on the 11th of the same month. Restricted CoSs are subject to an annual quota.

funnyuser
Newly Registered

Tier2 dependant out of country stay limit

Post by funnyuser » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 am

Hi manci,

As I see you are one of the expert in this forum, looking forward for some help from you.

can you tell me how long can I stay out of Uk if I hold a T2 dependent visa?

say if I stay beyond 6 month would it be a issue later while applying for T2 extension along with the main applicant?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

manci wrote:Your wife cannot switch from PBS Dependant to T2G (note: switching means changng immigration status from within the UK). She would have to apply from her home country and will need a restricted CoS.

She would also need to score 10 points for English and if according to the online points calculator she cannot do so on the basis of her degree she will have to do it another way.

Why does she want to switch anyway? As a PBS Dependant she is free to work in the UK (unless she is a doctor or dentist in training).

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 pm

manci wrote:Your wife cannot switch from PBS Dependant to T2G (note: switching means changng immigration status from within the UK). She would have to apply from her home country and will need a restricted CoS.

Hi moh.moh
refer this post for swiching with in UK
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 234#945234

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 pm

kpatel wrote: Hi moh.moh
refer this post for swiching with in UK
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 234#945234
Your post in that thread is wrong - you've misunderstood what the rules say. It's now possible for most people to switch into being a dependant but only Tier 4 dependants can switch into Tier 2. All other dependants have to leave the UK in order to apply.

funnyuser
Newly Registered

Tier2 dependant out of country stay limit

Post by funnyuser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 pm