ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to T2G switch and impact to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkojha
inactive

Tier 2 ICT to T2G switch and impact to ILR

Post by mkojha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi, I have a ICT Tier 2 established staff visa valid from July 2010. the original visa was supposed to expire in June 2013 but I got it extended till June 2015, I got the extension done while being in UK only.

Meanwhile I got an offer from another employer in UK who is ready to sponsor me under Tier 2 general category. My questions:

1. What is process of converting from tier 2 ICT to tier 2 general? Do I need unrestricted CoS from my new employer
2. I have my family as dependent, how the visa transfer for them will take place?
3. Will my present employer come to know if the CoS application is made by the new employer
4. Am I eligible for ILR in June 2015, i have a gap from June 2012 to Jan 2013 of not being in UK? if not what is the way ahead once the new employer CoS end date is reached, do i need to apply for extension again. how many such extensions I can apply?
5. Is there any specific question I need to ask the new employer immigration team with regards to sponsorship?

please bear with me for these questions. I need to be absolutely sure before i make this decision of joining the new employer

Many Thanks in Advance!

Regards,