ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for Tier 2 Gen Visa from Canada

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vkumarkulkarni

Need to apply for Tier 2 Gen Visa from Canada

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi All,

I have got a sponsor and need to apply for "Tier 2 Gen" visa for myself and my family from Toronto, Canada.
Does any one of you know a reliable immigration consultants, please advice.

Cheers,
Vin

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Need to apply for Tier 2 Gen Visa from Canada

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 pm

The sponsor arranges the visa, not the employee, there's nothing for you to do.

Does the company even have a sponsorship licence for foreign workers? What level is the job?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi,

The sponsor arranges & gives me the COS only right.
As I'm in Canada, don't I need to apply for visa? How will enter UK with the COS only... Plz advise.

Yes the company has a sponsorship licence. It's a IT mgmt job.

Cheers,
Vin

flash2004

Post by flash2004 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:17 pm

No need for immigration consultant. Just get the COS from the sponsor and then apply here. It is very straightforward.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

dxbtouk
Mood:

Post by dxbtouk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:14 am

Hello there , i was just flicking through the page and found this post . I have few questions for you if you dont mind answering them.

How come you are planning to move to UK from canada ? I am into IT profession as well and i work as IT Analyst . I believe there are many jobs in Canada than in UK ( as far as i know ) .

Moreover , people from UK are thinking of moving to canada for better opportunity and all ? I mean , i myself thinking of applying under the Express Entry Category that is to be launched very soon in January 2015 thinking that Canada would be a ideal place for work and life . Can you please throw some light on my concerns if you dont mind .

Any other additional information around this would be gratefully received . Thanks .

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Yes Canada has more opportunities than UK. I have worked in UK for 6 yrs & have a connection as well, this is the reason why I want to move back to UK. Another point is, Canada is more colder compared to UK.

However I would say go ahead with express entry & get the PR, it's alwz good to keep options open. Even I'm thinking of applying thru express entry under the CEC category.

dxbtouk
Mood:

Post by dxbtouk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello there Kumar . Thanks for getting back . I understand that Canada might be colder than UK and yes both countries have got its own pros and cons. Additionally , i work in UK as an IT contractor myself and am on Tier.2 general here but the problem these days is many clients do not accept Tier.2 for the contracting purposes if you find the contract yourself . If your company finds the contract and then send you to the client site on a Tier.2 its a very straight forward process and no problems what so ever .

As in UK , Jobserve and CWjobs are the main portals to find the contracts / permanent opportunities in UK and recruiters depend on these sites for the recruitment what are the main job portals in canada ? And how do contractors operate in canada ? I mean , still like a limited company contractor as in UK ?

I would prefer myself to live in UK given an opportunity but there are too many immigration hassles before you get PR and that's the reason am thinking of this Express Entry . What chances do you think people have to get a PR in this category ?

Any other additional information around this would be gratefully received . Thanks .