ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions regarding Tier 2 Extension and Lawyer fees

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

6pandn21
Nepal

A few questions regarding Tier 2 Extension and Lawyer fees

Post by 6pandn21 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi there folks,

I am currently in the UK with a Tier 2 General visa which expires on the 27th of February. My current would be continuing their Sponsorship. Their A rated licence is valid until the end of January next year. I am the only employee who requires a CoS at the firm.

What are the documents and requirements I need. As far as I could see from skimming through the Policy guidelines, here are the following I need:

- My current Passport
- BRP
- Photos
- Bank statements showing at least £945 for the last 3 months from the date of application
- COS from employer
- Completed application form

Since it is an extension, does the employer need to do a RLMT? It is a Developer role which I started at £ 22,000 per annum three years ago and currently my salary is £ 27,000 per annum. Is there a minimum salary that my employer needs to pay me for the extension? Looking at the Occupation list salaries, I am not sure what counts as 'Experienced Developer' as I could not find the criteria for it.

Also I am thinking of doing a Priority Service Application and had contacted a law firm which stated the following price:

Lawyer Fees - £1500
Application Fees (Home office) - £651
NHS Fees - £500

I am thinking that the lawyer fee is a bit too steep or am I missing some complications here. Is wokepermit.com line advertised on this site something I could call and get professional advice on?

Finally since my employer will have to renew their licence in a year's time; does that mean if I were to get an extension, it won't be longer than a year and I will possibly have to re-apply with my employer for renewal or are those separate things?

Thank you for reading.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A few questions regarding Tier 2 Extension and Lawyer fe

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:46 pm

You don't need a solicitor for an application and you have to submit it in person if applying in person. HO won't talk to the solicitor but it is your choice if you wish to use one.

You can call whoever you wish to who is an OISC registered advisor. We are not allowed to name and recommend lawyers etc. on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domino15
Newly Registered

Re: A few questions regarding Tier 2 Extension and Lawyer fe

Post by domino15 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:25 pm

6pandn21 wrote:Hi there folks,

I am currently in the UK with a Tier 2 General visa which expires on the 27th of February. My current would be continuing their Sponsorship. Their A rated licence is valid until the end of January next year. I am the only employee who requires a CoS at the firm.

What are the documents and requirements I need. As far as I could see from skimming through the Policy guidelines, here are the following I need:

- My current Passport
- BRP
- Photos
- Bank statements showing at least £945 for the last 3 months from the date of application
- COS from employer
- Completed application form

Since it is an extension, does the employer need to do a RLMT? It is a Developer role which I started at £ 22,000 per annum three years ago and currently my salary is £ 27,000 per annum. Is there a minimum salary that my employer needs to pay me for the extension? Looking at the Occupation list salaries, I am not sure what counts as 'Experienced Developer' as I could not find the criteria for it.

Also I am thinking of doing a Priority Service Application and had contacted a law firm which stated the following price:

Lawyer Fees - £1500
Application Fees (Home office) - £651
NHS Fees - £500

I am thinking that the lawyer fee is a bit too steep or am I missing some complications here. Is wokepermit.com line advertised on this site something I could call and get professional advice on?

Finally since my employer will have to renew their licence in a year's time; does that mean if I were to get an extension, it won't be longer than a year and I will possibly have to re-apply with my employer for renewal or are those separate things?

Thank you for reading.
Hi There,

I have recently applied for my Tier 2 General extension, I can walk you through the process as it had been simplified by UKBA. You should be aware of the following before you apply.

What is the duration of your current leave to remain in tier 2? As the maximum time you can be granted in Tier 2 visa is 6 years. Fee for your application depend on weather you are applying for less than 3 years or more.

Your employer doesn't have to do RMLT as your current leave to remain is Tier 2.

You will fall under the salary threshold of an experienced employee. The criteria for an experienced employee is that you should be older than 25 years, not a fresh graduate and not applying for initial leave to remain in tier 2. The salary depends on the SOC Code selected by your employer when assigning you the COS.

The license renewal doesn't effect the duration of leave granted to you. Once you have been granted leave please make sure your employer renew the license.

Immigration Health Surcharge for tier 2 general is set at £200 a year.

Tier 2 application are completed and filled online, I applied for my extension application myself and it was quiet simple once you have been given COS no by your employer. On my completed application this is what was mentioned ''Information you do not have to provide
You do not need to prove you meet the required level of English because you have current leave in Tier 2
(General) leave to remain, or had leave in the past
You do not need to prove maintenance because you have current leave in Tier 2 (General) leave to
remain"

I hope this information is useful for you.

Kind Regards,