ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT short term extension and spouse visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rpennada
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT short term extension and spouse visa

Post by rpennada » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Hello,

I'm currently working in UK with Tier 2 ICT short term visa. My visa expires on 01/01/2017. My company agreed to extend my short term visa by providing a new CoS. I'm planning to get married in December 2016.

My questions are:
1) When should I start applying for my extension and from where should I do it (home country or UK)?
2)When should I apply for Spouse dependent visa? Should I apply with my extension or should I apply it before after my current ICT short term visa is over?

I'm planning to bring my wife along with me after marriage, I do not want her to stay in home country and wait for visa.

Please advise,
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT short term extension and spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:49 pm

1) When should I start applying for my extension and from where should I do it (home country or UK)?
You can apply at any time but closer to your visa expiry date is good and once you have the CoS. You can apply to extend within the UK and probably before you leave to get married so that you have your new BRP card in order to re-enter the UK when you return.
2)When should I apply for Spouse dependent visa? Should I apply with my extension or should I apply it before after my current ICT short term visa is over?
She applies for a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. Spouse visa refers to a different category not applicable to your circumstances. You can only apply for your future wife once your extension is granted otherwise she will have two visa fees in a very short space of time. She has to apply from home country, you cannot apply in the UK for her.
I'm planning to bring my wife along with me after marriage, I do not want her to stay in home country and wait for visa.
She needs a visa, you cannot apply for her and she has to submit her application once you have your extension from her home country. To apply sooner will incur two visa costs for her in a very short space of time as her visa will always only be valid for the same duration as yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rpennada
Newly Registered

Post by rpennada » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Thank you!!!

rpennada
Newly Registered

ICT Tier 2 extension for dependant

Post by rpennada » Sat May 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi,

Currently I'm on ICT short term and it expires on Jan 1st,2017. My attorney advised to apply for my ICT long term in November, 2016. My question is, I'm getting married in August 2016 and I want to bring my wife to UK in December 2016. Can me and my wife apply at the same time in November or should I apply first and then apply for dependent visa for my wife later?

Please advise.
Thank you

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 07, 2016 7:52 pm

If you have been granted 12 months leave already, then you cannot extend your ICT ST leave (245GE(a)(iii) and 245GE(b)(ii)). And as a ICT ST migrant you cannot apply for ICT LT leave from within the UK (245GD(b)).

If you wish to return to UK before serving the cooling-off period (245GB(d)), you'll need a rCoS to apply for entry clearance (from outside the UK) under the ICT LT with your current sponsor (245GB(e)(ii)) or get a job that pays >£155300 with current / new sponsor (245GB(e)(iii)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!