ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 CoS work start date lapsed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

godfatherdon

Tier2 CoS work start date lapsed

Post by godfatherdon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Hello All,

Im applying for a change of employment Tier-2 visa. The CoS issued by the employer has a work start date of 11th Feb and im applying for my visa on the next available in person appointment on 22nd Feb. so I would have gone past my start date and want to know what will be the consequences on the Tier2 application.

I informed this to my new employer and they said that they are ok if I start late. so what am i supposed to do now should I go ahead with the application and state in the application that my employer is ok with late start. Or the current CoS is invalid and i should get a new CoS with a new start date?

By the by Im still employed by current employer.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier2 CoS work start date lapsed

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 pm

The start date can vary with mutual agreement with the sponsor. There is no need to change COS. The sponsor can just add a sponsor note in the system confirming to home office on the new start date for the COS.