ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur to tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thutmose
Bangladesh

Tier 1 entrepreneur to tier 2 general

Post by thutmose » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

One of my friends on tier 1 entrepreneur, visa expiring in few months. But he applied in many places for jobs and found a job, the employer is willing to sponsor him too. They already have tier 2 licence.

If anyone knows what are the procedures and what's the home office attitude towards this kind of case?

The reason for him not to try extending the current visa is, he made huge loss on his business and under the impression that the business is not sustainable.

Please give some advice.

Thanks

cancerian

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur to tier 2 general

Post by cancerian » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:14 am

Why is he not going for extension i mean its not under his entire control if there is a loss. I think he has to show some kind of proof of business activity because there are some conditions attached to Entrepreneur visa and one has to meet those conditions.
I am not too sure about his T2 application.

noajthan

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur to tier 2 general

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:24 am

thutmose wrote:Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

One of my friends on tier 1 entrepreneur, visa expiring in few months. But he applied in many places for jobs and found a job, the employer is willing to sponsor him too. They already have tier 2 licence.

If anyone knows what are the procedures and what's the home office attitude towards this kind of case?

Please give some advice.

Thanks
Hard to give advice not knowing what research 'friend' has done already & whether he has got himself up to speed.

How has he managed to find a job already?
= What about question of RLMT?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.