ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gmcarrot
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application questions

Post by gmcarrot » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello all,

I am final checking my tier 2 application before I submit. I have a few questions.

1. Is the Place of issue on the passport section the country the passport was issued in and the issuing authority the city?

2. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? Does this include previous visas. I was on tier 5 youth mobility and am going to tier 2

3. Do I include a trip to my gp to an ear infection taken care of as medical treatment? I paid for the prescription, does this mean I paid for the treatment?

4. When I finish the sponsorship section, and it asks for points claimed,

Do I enter:

10 for language (Canadian English native language)
10 for maintenance (certified by sponsor)
20 for appropriate salary
30 for RMLT being done for my COS

5. What reasons can my visa be denied at this stage?

dragon098
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 application questions

Post by dragon098 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi
1. Is the Place of issue on the passport section the country the passport was issued in and the issuing authority the city?
Yes
2. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? Does this include previous visas. I was on tier 5 youth mobility and am going to tier 2
Yes

Others I am not sure. But As long as you have those all points you mentioned below I think you should be safe. But still wait for other experts to answer.

Regards,
dragon

gmcarrot
Newly Registered

Post by gmcarrot » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Yes

@dragon,

So i need to tick yes on this section?

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Yes, that's right

KyleBG89
Newly Registered

Post by KyleBG89 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Hey gmc,

I remember seeing your name go by in the August RCOS allocation thread. You had mentioned your application had been rejected without any letter or notification as to why, how did you get this decision overturned?

Thanks