ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - New license granted with 0 COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Tier 2 - New license granted with 0 COS

Post by hassan5805 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone, Hope you all ok, i am back on forum again because need help again for my cousin, you guys helped us in past a lot.

1) My cousin is on Tier 2 Sponsor for one of the company but when she got pregnant her employer wanted to get rd of her, but we managed to convince him that its wrong because its gender discrimination, he not fired her and allow her to go on maternity for 9 months.
2) Now my cousin was saying she cannot trust him anymore and she will find another job and while she on pregnancy leave she give interviews to different firm and one bigger size firm willing to hire her. That firm applied Tier 2 sponsor and given my cousin details that they willing to hire her.
3) Now the company offered her job, got response from Home office that, Home office given them Tier 2 license but given 0 COS and stated person you offering job working for another company and need to do RLMT but in my understanding RLMT should be exempt because she is UK university graduate.

Could you please advice how her employer will apply COS and is she exempt from RLMT while she UK graduated and working already for Tier 3 employer.

I will appreciate guys your early response.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - New license granted with 0 COS

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm

3) Now the company offered her job, got response from Home office that, Home office given them Tier 2 license but given 0 COS and stated person you offering job working for another company and need to do RLMT but in my understanding RLMT should be exempt because she is UK university graduate.
Your understanding is NOT correct. As she is a Tier 2 General visa holder already, a new sponsor MUST complete the RLMT process. The RLMT is only exempt if applying from Tier 4 to Tier 2 and not Tier 2 to Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.