ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation and RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Ict Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by sudhanaga » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier2 ICT long term staff since May'2013 and completes 5 years by jun'2018.
My wife working here and her company ready to sponsor her but the RLMT and cos process will take time and would be after visa expire in UK.

Eg : visa expires on 7th June 2018 and COS allocation and assignment to her on 13th June 2018.

Can she switch to Tier 2 general Migrant from India ,and any challenges for her?
Can I Apply tier 2 general dependent from india or have to been in cooling period for 1 year ?

Regards,
Naga

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Ict Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by Sv2018 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:30 pm

sudhanaga wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 am
Hi All,

I am on Tier2 ICT long term staff since May'2013 and completes 5 years by jun'2018.
My wife working here and her company ready to sponsor her but the RLMT and cos process will take time and would be after visa expire in UK.

Eg : visa expires on 7th June 2018 and COS allocation and assignment to her on 13th June 2018.

Can she switch to Tier 2 general Migrant from India ,and any challenges for her? yes, no problem for her as ICT dependent and T2 General are completely two different visa categories
Can I Apply tier 2 general dependent from india or have to been in cooling period for 1 year ? Yes, no cooling period applies

Regards,
Naga

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Bear in mind that as your wife is currently employed by her sponsor, it is likely be a challenge to convince the ECO that she hasn't been pre-selected. The RMLT process will come under close scrutiny. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:15 pm
Bear in mind that as your wife is currently employed by her sponsor, it is likely be a challenge to convince the ECO that she hasn't been pre-selected. The RMLT process will come under close scrutiny. :idea:
Thanks Casa,It would be a new sponser.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 am

Sv2018 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:30 pm
sudhanaga wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 am
Hi All,

Can she switch to Tier 2 general Migrant from India ,and any challenges for her? yes, no problem for her as ICT dependent and T2 General are completely two different visa categories
Can I Apply tier 2 general dependent from india or have to been in cooling period for 1 year ? Yes, no cooling period applies

Regards,
Naga
Is it good idea to apply my wife and my visa same time in india or Apply her visa first and then my dependent visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am

Either. You can switch within the UK once she returns as long as you still have a valid visa however she has to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Tue May 01, 2018 3:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am
Either. You can switch within the UK once she returns as long as you still have a valid visa however she has to apply from home country.
My visa expires on 7th June and my wife gets COS on june 11th and my wife applies visa on 15th June from india.

If i apply visa from india as her dependent,any challenges ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm

You will need to leave the UK then and apply from home country. If you meet the requirements, then no issue, assuming your spouse gets a CoS in the June allocation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Shortage Occupation and RLMT

Post by sudhanaga » Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

Hi All,

My Employer have sent details to me on tier2 and it shows SOC code as 2136 programmers,and also published jobs in 2 portals for RLMT.

I could see 2136 programmers SOC part of shortage occuption list and does not require RLMT ,however my employer mentioned to me that,was the company process and adhere to the process.

The salary quoted me 45k ,and SOC code 2136 programmers and RLMT test ,and the company has fewer than 10 employees.

I believe that Restricted cos allocation requires mininum 46 points,and think my employers submit application as Shortage occuption(130 points) with RLMT details.

Do a Company needs any additional qualification or Approval to apply as Tier2 Shortage occupation instead of going as RLMT ?

Regards,
Naga.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Shortage Occupation and RLMT

Post by cyclina1 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 am

sudhanaga wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am
Hi All,

My Employer have sent details to me on tier2 and it shows SOC code as 2136 programmers,and also published jobs in 2 portals for RLMT.

I could see 2136 programmers SOC part of shortage occuption list and does not require RLMT ,however my employer mentioned to me that,was the company process and adhere to the process.

The salary quoted me 45k ,and SOC code 2136 programmers and RLMT test ,and the company has fewer than 10 employees.

I believe that Restricted cos allocation requires mininum 46 points,and think my employers submit application as Shortage occuption(130 points) with RLMT details.

Do a Company needs any additional qualification or Approval to apply as Tier2 Shortage occupation instead of going as RLMT ?

Do you know what job title your employer submitted?

Only these job are in shortage list -

2136 Programmers and software development professionals Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

Senior developer employed by a qualifying company, where the job requires a person with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and demonstrable experience of having led a team.

The following jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors:

software developer
shader writer
games designer
The following jobs in the electronics system industry:
driver developer
embedded communications engineer

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Regards,
Naga.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:22 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 am
sudhanaga wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am
Hi All,

Do you know what job title your employer submitted?

Only these job are in shortage list -

2136 Programmers and software development professionals Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

Senior developer employed by a qualifying company, where the job requires a person with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and demonstrable experience of having led a team.

The following jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors:

software developer
shader writer
games designer
The following jobs in the electronics system industry:
driver developer
embedded communications engineer

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Regards,
Naga.
Job title :Lead Software Developer

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:03 pm

then if you are working on visual effects, then you are in shortage list and very likely will be granted.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

April restricted cos allocation from website

The April allocation meeting took place on 11 April. All valid applications received by 5 April were successful if they scored at least 46 points.

I understand RLMT test 20 points ,and could not find where +26 comes here.
I have checked the salaries table and it says as below ,and please advise where this 26 points coming here.

45k to 49k -- 25 points
50k to 54k -- 30 points.

Thanks

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Wed May 09, 2018 1:42 pm

sudhanaga wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm
April restricted cos allocation from website

The April allocation meeting took place on 11 April. All valid applications received by 5 April were successful if they scored at least 46 points.

I understand RLMT test 20 points ,and could not find where +26 comes here.
I have checked the salaries table and it says as below ,and please advise where this 26 points coming here.

45k to 49k -- 25 points
50k to 54k -- 30 points.

Thanks
RLMT is not always 20...RLMT met by the ‘milk-round’ is 30... So in that combination if their salary £36,000 to £36,999.99 is 16 points makes 46